Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satty

Audi A3 TDI

14 posts in this topic

Linkypoo

I didn't know Audi was planning an A3 diesel until I stumbled across it on their website. Pretty interesting idea, hopefully its not priced above the A3 3.2.

An A3 diesel!? I just cargasm'd.

so a golf diesel that costs 10 grand more

like the A3, but a little bit much to pay for a veedub

+1 I love this idea.

Just as cargasmic

I'd be less inclined towards the Mini because of the decreased practicality, and the reliability. I won't say an Audi is more reliable though, because that'd probably make me an idiot. :P

The MINI is more practical if you live in a crowded city, smaller, easier to park and so on.

Sitting next to a new A4, the A3 looks a bit outdated. It's no surprise as it's been around since 2003 (in Europe). The styling is more straight-cut and boxy while the new A4 has some curves and is super sexy (I want one). I wonder when the A3 FMC is due, should be soon.

The A3 has a transversely mounted engine as opposed to an A4's longitudinal engine. The longitudinal engines have quattro with a 40/60 (f/r) biased AWD. Just a little fun fact. Not sure what the bias is on the A3 but it's probably more front biased than rear. I wonder if they will switch the A3 over or if they'll keep it transverse.

Damn I need to make more money so I can buy a new loaded 2.0 6-speed A4, and spend less time screwing off on the Internet!

I actually like the A3 more in person now than I did a year ago. Not sure why, its just aged well in my eyes.

i prefer the A3 dash to the rigid A4 setup myself. well, ok the old a4. the a3 seems more driver oriented.

You guys only get the A3 Sportback in the US?

I think there's an Autoblog(?) article where BMW people state that there will be no current MINI diesel models (Cooper D and the new One D) sold in the US.

I would love if VW brought the Scirocco over. It and the CC are VW's best looking products.

the feds really need to relax the rules and certification process so that carmakers would bring more diesels to market.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0