One freaky looking storm

This storm rolled in late yesterday evening and brought 70 mph straight line winds with it. I was at work when it happened and managed to get a sequence of pics, but my stupid phone SD card got corrupted and only one was saved.

5453_673313642070_16904062_40694876_7878

These are from my co-worker's house a few miles northeast of where I was.

6012_1181623430027_1511434944_30455291_1

6012_1181622990016_1511434944_30455280_6

6012_1181623310024_1511434944_30455288_6

6012_1181623670033_1511434944_30455296_5

That is a freaky looking storm.

If you like storms, never move to the southeast end of Long Island.

Although tonight I did see a little heat lightning. But yeah, nothing other than that.

When I was in grad school at U of I, everyone got weirded out when the sky got real dark in the afternoon. I would be looking for some kind of authorized underground shelter! Great pics.

I have never seen a cloud drop so low in such a peculiar formation like that before. It makes me think of a tornado running horizontally as opposed to vertically with a touchdown point.

You should have seen the radar images of the storm that hit around here back in May, which brought an F3 tornado to the Kirksville area just a few miles north of me. It made me think of a scaled-down version of one of the on-land hurricanes from The Day After Tomorrow. The storm system even had something of an "eye" to it.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I have never seen a cloud drop so low in such a peculiar formation like that before. It makes me think of a tornado running horizontally as opposed to vertically with a touchdown point.

You should have seen the radar images of the storm that hit around here back in May, which brought an F3 tornado to the Kirksville area just a few miles north of me. It made me think of a scaled-down version of one of the on-land hurricanes from The Day After Tomorrow. The storm system even had something of an "eye" to it.

We've had wall clouds similar to this before, but never this low nor how quickly it moved across the sky. It was low enough that the top of the tallest building here (only about 270 ft high) was covered when it rolled in. That would've been a trip to be standing up there as it hit.

The tornado sirens were going off, but no tornadoes touched down thankfully.

• 3 weeks later...
The tornado sirens were going off, but no tornadoes touched down thankfully.

That's good.

But, some cool pics of an awesome storm. Mother Nature can really have some interesting looks/beauty in things that, like this, don't look all that friendly....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We believe in tomorrow, but we're stuck in today" ... Hall & Oates ... 'So Close (Yet So Far Away)'