ULS

mwaters

• 2 weeks later...
I think the ULS is still coming out by the end of the decade with a V12 option though there were some setbacks due to the recent budget crunch at GM. The CTC will come out after the next-gen CTS but when.. remains to be seen. When you think about it.. after the new Escalade comes out, there won't be anything new coming from Cadillac for a little while. ETC... probably not for a while.

I think the ULS is still coming out by the end of the decade with a V12 option though there were some setbacks due to the recent budget crunch at GM.

The CTC will come out after the next-gen CTS but when.. remains to be seen.
When you think about it.. after the new Escalade comes out, there won't be anything new coming from Cadillac for a little while.

ETC... probably not for a while.

[post="63871"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I miss the Eldorado! I wish that was coming out soon.

I miss the Eldorado!  I wish that was coming out soon.

[post="63983"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There's a market for one... fancy up the STS, limit the door count to 2, and only offer it in V8 guise. That's what BMW did for the 6-series, and if you ignore "limit the door count to 2", what Merc did for the CLS. The world could use more irrational "tailored" cars.

There's a market for one... fancy up the STS, limit the door count to 2, and only offer it in V8 guise. That's what BMW did for the 6-series, and if you ignore "limit the door count to 2", what Merc did for the CLS. The world could use more irrational "tailored" cars.

[post="63988"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, and the sedan (CLS) outsells the coupe by at least 2:1. I don't know how interested GM would be in another Cadillac that sells just a few hundred every month.

V12 was killed over a year ago.

no CTC currently planned for next-gen CTS (from what I've heard).

ULS prob on hold until some things stabilize for GM and and the  US auto industry.

[post="66666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I say kill the ULS then, it's supposed to be an upscale Caddy with a big engine, not a V8... This is weak sauce.

V12 was killed over a year ago.

no CTC currently planned for next-gen CTS (from what I've heard).

ULS prob on hold until some things stabilize for GM and and the  US auto industry.

[post="66666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes... as well as the proposed V-10 that was to be an option in the new Escalade.

Caddy needs a V-12 ULS, and they needed it yesterday. No V-12 equals no chance in hell of beating BMW or MB.

[post="67139"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Your wrong - GM needs to get their bread and butter Cadillac models up to world class levels before venturing into more niche territories.

Cadillac has come a long way in 5 years - but they still have a long road ahead.

Your wrong - GM needs to get their bread and butter Cadillac models up to world class levels before venturing into more niche territories.

Cadillac has come a long way in 5 years - but they still have a long road ahead.

[post="67447"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. A V12 ULS will be perfect for them in the future. But right now, they've got to get the cars that pays the bills right. And from there, use that as a spring board to the ULS, and becoming the Standard of the World again. BTW, I hope they use that slogan again in the future... It's perfect for them (or atleast, I hope it will be).

next-gen CTS is going to be the defining moment of truth for Cadillac's future. just as it was the first A&S vehicle and had to take the brunt of the ridicule and criticism, it will be the first vehicle to make the design cohesive and set the standard for the new interiors that cadillac needs. (badly). if this car is well received by the public and press (and i believe it will be) then cadillac will be able to build on that momentum. let's be honest. buyers in the lux sport sedan mkt generally do not consider CTS when shopping for G35, 325, A4 etc. (i said generally). unfortunately, there are 2, make that 3 immediate/short term questions marks. 1. what to do with the SRX. given the flavour of the market to prefer suv's the srx has not lived up to it's potential (especially after winning C&D lux suv 2yrs running). how much do they invest in this vehicle? if they can clip in the next-gen CTS interior with some modest extenal tweaks, then adjust the price it could gain some traction. 2. what to do with the STS. it is not selling up to it's potential either. and i would suggest it is even less cross-shopped against m-b and bmw than the CTS. the car just has no soul. but what can you expect given the last minute changes that lutz made. 3. BTS/BLS - a bigger unknown here. do they bring a sedan under the CTS or just the BRX. is Epsilon 2 (with awd)good enough to get the job done for cadillac? after that, you've got next-gen XLR to deal with(which prob doesn't need significant changes, just evolution) and a DTS replacement. Lots of question marks and lots to get done before the low-volume ULS can add much to the bottom line. (of course, there's nothing like the solid PR of a 'knock-your-socks off' well exectued Sixteen inspired ULS could generate. but, you could not afford the bad press of a hap-hazard job - and the cost to do it right, could be better spend on existing products.)

I agree on Cadillac needing to perfect its "mainstream" models (though, being Cadillac, how dare we consider it to have mainstream models??) before venturing into high-risk, high-dollar markets and niches. Cadillac is on its way, it needs interiors with more eye-candy, leather, fine stitching, and sensuous style. It needs to have amazing driving manners. It needs to continue the Art & Science Theme. Make it cohesive, yes. Make it dramatic, make it modern. Hardest of all, make it beautiful.

Cadillac should have the Uls. And the "b" Cadillacs the cts , srx should be dropped. The sts should be priced around $70k and the dts around $55k Cadillac should not lose its prestige like mercedes benz. No an mb hasn't more prestige than an Opel. The cts is priced where a Pontiac should be priced. I think Chevrolet should be price beetween $15k-30k Pontiac beetween $20-35k Buick beetween 25-50k Cadillac beetween 50k and 300k

Cadillac needs to keep the CTS---it has been a real sucess. Without it they having nothing against Lexus IS and BMW 3 series.

On another note....ULS???? Thats the worst name I have ever heard for a car! (or letter combo)

[post="77161"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wouldn't say the worst, but I definitely don't like it. I would love to hear something like "FLS" (Fleetwood Luxury Sedan) or, better yet,

"FPS" (Free for Paulie Sedan) :P

Cadillac should have the Uls.
And the  "b" Cadillacs the cts , srx should be dropped.
The sts  should be priced around $70k and the dts around $55k
Cadillac should not lose its prestige like mercedes benz. No an mb hasn't more prestige than an Opel.
The cts is priced where a Pontiac should be priced.
I think Chevrolet should be price beetween $15k-30k
Pontiac beetween $20-35k 
Buick beetween 25-50k
Cadillac beetween 50k and 300k

[post="72833"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um... I really can't agree on what you said there with the CTS and SRX. Why in the hell would cadillac drop their highest selling vehicle... with the exception of the escalade?