Drivers Worldwide Feel Sting of Gas Prices

MGZ06

Whats this going to leave the fixed income people ? the working poor ? The self employed like my self that uses lots of diesel and gas to produce a product ? There is no compensation being givin. And the rich are getting richer and dont bat an eye. How are the young kids going to do it ? They work for so little have enormous insurance rates and now gas to get to their part time jobs will be half a weeks pay, and the insurance the other half. Our great leaders sure did a good job when they destroyed local economys didnt they. I suppose the answer will be for all us country folks to become cidiots and move to the slums with the crack heads so we can catch a bus to work, ey ? Ah yes, changing the face of America.

I seriously hope someone is not going to go broke over a $15 increase in weekly gas costs, which is about what it would cost to go from $2 a gallon to $3.

[post="4746"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Some people only make minimum wage and are hardly making it by.. even at 17.

• 2 years later...
I paid $3.95 for regular the other night when I filled up the Burb, but it is just over $4 at some other stations around here. I paid $4.26 for premium for the DeVille today and I think the regular was $4.03 there.

Went fishing last Wednesday and regular was $4.83 on the water!

QUOTE(XP715 @ Jul 13 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]411568[/snapback]
I paid $3.95 for regular the other night when I filled up the Burb, but it is just over $4 at some other stations around here. I paid $4.26 for premium for the DeVille today and I think the regular was $4.03 there.
Went fishing last Wednesday and regular was $4.83 on the water!

Ouch!

QUOTE(Satty @ Jul 13 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]411574[/snapback]
God, I can only imagine what it is on the lake here. Last year it was running over $5. This is why I dont own a boat and dont feel sorry for people who do.

Seriously? I mean if you dish out 40k for a boat and think to your self wow $5 a gallon, guess im not taking the boat out.

Boats are a lot of fun. And Most of it is a Domestic Industry still which you should support. I mean On the 32 foot Formula with 2 120 gallon tanks average fill up is about $900 compared to the 100k price tag its nothing. I mean last year i think i spent only 2300 on gas but memories and fun that will last forever. Like taking twin Chevy 454 and sending a mean wake towards those damned kayakers

QUOTE(capriceman @ Jul 13 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]411587[/snapback]
Seriously? I mean if you dish out 40k for a boat and think to your self wow $5 a gallon, guess im not taking the boat out.

Boats are a lot of fun. And Most of it is a Domestic Industry still which you should support. I mean On the 32 foot Formula with 2 120 gallon tanks average fill up is about $900 compared to the 100k price tag its nothing. I mean last year i think i spent only 2300 on gas but memories and fun that will last forever. Like taking twin Chevy 454 and sending a mean wake towards those damned kayakers

Guy my father worked with has a 40 foot sport fisherman with twin 350 MerCruisers; it spends 99% of its life at the marina and he goes out fishing in a 10-foot Zodiac rubber raft!

And you're absolutely right, boats do rule. But I'd gladly take a little Detroit or Caterpillar diesel over twin big blocks if I'd be spending any time at all on it, regardless of the price tag (I realize this isn't an option on the kind of boat you have but it would be on the stuff I'm into!).

QUOTE(XP715 @ Jul 13 2008, 11:57 PM) [snapback]411590[/snapback]
Guy my father worked with has a 40 foot sport fisherman with twin 350 MerCruisers; it spends 99% of its life at the marina and he goes out fishing in a 10-foot Zodiac rubber raft!
And you're absolutely right, boats do rule. But I'd gladly take a little Detroit or Caterpillar diesel over twin big blocks if I'd be spending any time at all on it, regardless of the price tag (I realize this isn't an option on the kind of boat you have but it would be on the stuff I'm into!).

Yeah Boats have become clubhouses every time i go to the marina the noraml people are on there boats for the week end, never see it leave the dock.

There's nothing like hitting 65 knots on open water, Yeah i understand the Diesel thing though. they are becoming popular for smaller boats. Low maintenance rules! Plus they make headway in a storm. I mean i got caught in some 6-7 foot rollers and at half throttle i was only doing 15 knots. If i could sell this boat or trade it i would like a 35 foot house boat/cruiser with a Diesel in it.

Big pet peeve of mine:

People who say "at least gas is still less than in (random European country)"

1. All of Europe is the size of New England... not exactly a huge continent
2. Most people's comute is 05%-50% less than an average commute in the USA
3. We have about 03% of the public transport. infrastructure they do
4. those higher taxes they pay are their own stupidity (big reason I don't live there)
5. they GET more out of those taxes (better roads, healthcare, PUBLIC TRANSPORT etc.)
6. you're a dumbass if you make yourself feel better this way
7. grow some balls & tell our government to start helping out the USA for once, not just the rest of the world