HHR?!? It can't be! This goes against the vast media conspiracy to kill the big 3!!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2005512220530

In all seriousness, I can see the HHR winning COTY easy. But the Explorer TOTY? *yawn*

[post="62350"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay.....so I'm happy for the HHR......but seriously....."Detroit Free Press" car and truck of the year?

This is significant be...cause.....?????

Who reads the Free Press outside of Michigan?

Still, it's good news that at least the Detroit Free Press can have Detroit bias. The Toronto Star loves to rag on GM, even though Oshawa is right next door.

Really, its the Detriot Free Press but Bravo for GM and Ford just the same. I remember we were all pretty much having negitive feelings about the HHR when we first saw it. Is it really selling well ? Great if it is. Last thing I would like to say is "the HHR is a "car" ? " I have yet to see one, looks like a small panel truck to me.

Really, its the Detriot Free Press but Bravo for GM and Ford just the same. I remember we were all pretty much having negitive feelings about the HHR when we first saw it. Is it really selling well ? Great if it is.

Last thing I would like to say is "the HHR is a "car" ? " I have yet to see one, looks like a small panel truck to me.

[post="62430"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

From what I understand, HHRs are flying off dealer lots. It is a car, though it's talked about on C&G in the Chevrolet Truck forum. It's on Delta.

I cannot believe the HHR won.  This is truly out of left field.  The HHR is just so mediocre and such a clear copy of the PT Cruiser. 

The Fusion, the Sonota, the Solstice, the Civic, the Miata, the Z06, anything would have made more sense.

Mark

[post="62538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How is it a clear copy of the PT? Everyone says that and I truely do not understand. They both have retro styling, is that it?

Well, if the Free Press can have a car of the year, why can't Cheers and Gears. Our Alternate reality Queers and Gears can have one too!

How about the Lucerne as our car of the year...?

[post="62467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think it would be great to have a C&G Car of the Year as voted by the members. Excellent idea Cremazie.

The HHR is a great vehicle from GM. A stylish 4 cyl trucklet. It deserves all the recognition. Edited by HarleyEarl

Okay.....so I'm happy for the HHR......but seriously....."Detroit Free Press" car and truck of the year?

This is significant be...cause.....?????

Who reads the Free Press outside of Michigan?

Bravo!

The DFP has gone out of it's way in print to dispell even a whisper of bias charges... for decades. No 'Detroit bias' up there.

Agreed.... If anything DFP is anti-GM and anti-Ford.

It's funny how everyone here whines about our pointing out of the bias involving imports. But the first time a GM vehicle gets an award, everyone pops up and accuses the writer of bias.

consumer reports hates the hhr. how much does that hurt hhr sales?

NO surprise there.. IT's a successful, attractive domestic that appeals to the youth. CR will do all it can to de-rail the car.

The ball is in your court, GM. It's your job to market this "award" to death.

Yeah right... (GM won't even advertise this)

Looks more like a clear ripoff of a really old Suburban to me...

LMAO.

The reason the HHR is selling so well is because it is reasonably priced, rides nicely and is practical as hell. There are lots of vehicles in this niche: PT Cruiser (Neon heritage! smaller), Element (fugly and pricey) Vibe/Matrix (gutless, less useful space). You could even include wagons, like the Focus and Optra which are of similar size. It is a well thought out, well executed vehicle. My only real beef (like most GM products these days) is the crappy materials on the seats. They stain easily and I am skeptical how they will wear with age. Take the bloody seats out of the Optra 5!!!