Retro Riviera

buickguy

he probably meant:

What does everyone think about a retro Riviera based on the beautiful 1963 model?

I think it's a great idea... give it a TT No* Posted Image

They want to build a great most excellent Riviera they only need to simply look as far as the 66 the 95 and current styling. So lets call it modern styling with finely defined edges. No more of this bulbulous, globual pile of clay, lets do some damn carving again Hear ye hear ye, its the return of the shark

No more retro. Heritage cues, yes. Rehashed classics a la Challenger, no.

[post="65710"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

These days, "one size does not fit all". See Detorit News article about Future Cars, makers cannot cater to just one kind of look or customer.

Young kids may want all futuristic cars that edn up out of style in one year. So, makers have to diversify and appeal to many niches. And so called "retro" is not going anywhere. But then neither is anything else that looks good.

I'm sorry, but please let retro die. Leave the past in the past where it should stay. Take some cues, but no redos. And, as nice as the Opel-based Saturns may look or are, it still ticks me off that Buick isn't getting as much attention and funding as the other divisions. GM could have saved itself a lot of trouble if it hadn't eliminated Olds and neglected Buick and the others. (So much for leaving the past where it should stay) They should have killed Saturn. I mean, it had the lowest sales, didn't it? It seems odd that one would take the most pathetic of the bunch and spend more to elevate it and make it desirable than something that already has several of those (and more-like heritage) qualities. Things like this are almost as bad as VW trying to sell the Phaeton, as nice as it it. The brand isn't right for a luxury flagship like that. The way I see it, the brands that need the most attention currently (and over Saturn) are: 1.) Buick (Need I say anything?) 2.) Pontiac (We need more action and excitement!) 3.) Cadillac (keep `em rolling!) 4.) SAAB (they need help if you want to keep them)

Velite needs refinement fore & aft to be a Riviera. Buick can (and has) done better.
I'm with Razor- git carvin' again! Last gen Riv had some- the backcut catwalk treatment was awesome, tho the car overall needed stance & wheel/tire placement refinement (rode too high on too narrow tires).

.....and HENCE....the perfect argument for why GM has too many division (and too many models)

[post="67291"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Shut the fu*k up!!!

Ooops, sorry about that. My dominant personality took over my skitzo brain there for a sec. :blink: :P Edited by Sixty8panther

.....and HENCE....the perfect argument for why GM has too many division (and too many models)

[post="67291"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you drop Buick you drop the highest quality brand GM has... and at a time where they are on the verge of bankruptcy you don't want to ditch your highest quality brand. Buick keeps GM quality respectable.