Waterless Car Wash?

I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months. I found a condo that's perfect with one exception, possibly: No hoses to wash the car. With me being me, the tiny detail of not being able to wash my car myself is a dealbreaker. A popular solution for this problem seems to be using one of these waterless car wash liquids. Of course I'm skeptical because the last thing I want to do is scratch my paint. The one that seems to be the best one out there is Optimum No Rise. All the folklore I've read/seen points to this being a pretty good product. Does anyone else have experience with either ONA or one of the other waterless car wash products? if not, what do you condo/apartment dwellers do to keep your rides clean/ Thanks in advance.

I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months. I found a condo that's perfect with one exception, possibly: No hoses to wash the car. With me being me, the tiny detail of not being able to wash my car myself is a dealbreaker. A popular solution for this problem seems to be using one of these waterless car wash liquids. Of course I'm skeptical because the last thing I want to do is scratch my paint. The one that seems to be the best one out there is Optimum No Rise. All the folklore I've read/seen points to this being a pretty good product. Does anyone else have experience with either ONA or one of the other waterless car wash products? if not, what do you condo/apartment dwellers do to keep your rides clean/ Thanks in advance.

A little bit of plumbing work under the sink, and you could install a faucet you can attach your hose to and run it out the window. This is what I did when I needed to fill my kiddie pool in the college apartment complex.

I'm skeptical about the waterless car wash...

• 1 month later...

Thankfully, it's not an issue anymore. I've since soured on that condo - got a bad vibe after going back a second time and noticing the floors in the living room were pretty badly buckled. I'm now in negotiations to purchase a freestanding townhouse in the same development. I have two outdoor faucets, and the HOA actually seems pretty reasonable and has no rules against car washing.

Well, this HOA seems pretty OK and not too anal. The owners tell me they're on top of things as far as maintaining what they're supposed to maintain. Since it's a freestanding unit I have more things that are my responsiblity but more leeway in what I can and can't do. I'd have seriously considered nixing the deal if I couldn't wash my car. It's a fair compromise between an apartment and a house I own myself. A lot of the burdens of homeownership are someone else's problem, which frees a lot of my time, and yet I'm building equity.

As for the Corvette - it's on the market. I haven't done much of anything because it's been one thing after another for the past couple of years. I can't fit it where I'm going, and I need the money for furntiture, etc. I have an interested buyer, so hopefully this pans out. Maybe once things stabilize I'll be able to take on another toy.

• 1 month later...