Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cletus8269

all systems go.

9 posts in this topic

the power supply gave out on my computer this weekend so its been dead since thursday. It was interesting to see just how much time i use the computer when i didnt have one at my disposal. so now $64 lighter i am back. i couldnt believe there was only a 350 watt supply in this thing. pushing a 450 now and i suppose soon i shall break down and build a new one come spring. well, at least the power supply is one less thing on the parts list....

I remember when 450 was a lot. I'm running 600W and am looking to upgrade it for a major upgrade i plan to do (go quad, dual SLi, 2TB HDs, 8 gigs of ram)

I remember when 450 was a lot. I'm running 600W and am looking to upgrade it for a major upgrade i plan to do (go quad, dual SLi, 2TB HDs, 8 gigs of ram)

yeah.... i'm running a corsair 650W with my much more powerful pc, am3 phenom 2 x3, 4gb ram, 3 hard drives, the 4770..... and pulling less than my ~450W OCZ, athlon xp 1 gb ram 2 HDD and an x800

well the comp usa in greenville went bust so i had to truck it to worst buy. i was amazed. they had an 800 on the counter for $180 i think.

Who's the manufacturer?

Allied is on the sticker, manufactured may 2005

Glad your back....

its good to be back, even missing 4 days i feel completely disconnected from the world, and the forum. gots a lot to post on the car spotters thread for sure.

>>"...corsair 650W with my much more powerful pc, am3 phenom 2 x3, 4gb ram, 3 hard drives, the 4770..... and pulling less than my ~450W OCZ, athlon xp 1 gb ram 2 HDD and an x800..."<<

So THIS is how my wife feels when I talk about torque converters and head flow numbers.

>>"...corsair 650W with my much more powerful pc, am3 phenom 2 x3, 4gb ram, 3 hard drives, the 4770..... and pulling less than my ~450W OCZ, athlon xp 1 gb ram 2 HDD and an x800..."<<

So THIS is how my wife feels when I talk about torque converters and head flow numbers.

yeah.....

Glad you got it fixed and it didn't take the system with it

I had to recover mine yesterday. I am not really sure whether to blame Vista or other factors. I know it seems a lot better without Opera. Too bad, I really liked Opera but I am seeing that they have really improved Internet Explorer. I am considering installing Windows 7 on it but so far it seems alright. If I did get Windows 7 I would get the family pack and doo all 3 computers with Vista. The laptop seems to struggle a bit with Vista at times. I dont require a lot out of my setups. I still have the one we bought in April of 2001 that had ME but I converted to XP a year or so later when ME was being a pain. I dont know where the XP disk went though for it and it could use a clean install again. It still works fairly well, just a bit slowly.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room