2006 NAIAS: Ford F-250 Super Chief Concept

I don't believe all the jazz about the motor. They can say what they want, but look at the engine pic - where is the wiring harness? It looks like nothing is hooked up, not even the fuel injectors.

Does that thing even work? Is Ford using gas to give us a lot of hot air?

It's kind of cool looking I guess. Although reading the release says they have "BeltMinder" possibly the most annoying thing ever.

Edited by mrfunji

Really?  How is it?

I think it's cool as hell. Grown in Ford-owned timber, milled in Ford-owned mills, rock-solid like a steel floor can never match.

I should mention that I am in the process of refabricating mine, as time and infestation (ants) eventually compromised the boards. Have 3 of the 5 boards done so far. I completely feel it's worth the work and a neat feature.

Guest YellowJacket894

Whoa! What the hell?

It's not pretty, but its got enough muscle to make The Terminator look like a "gurley mhan."

Hell, it makes a Hummer look like a Miata.

Too bad Ford never concentrates on a truck it really needs - the Ranger.

:puke: x 400%

It's not pretty, but its got enough muscle to make The Terminator look like a "gurley mhan."

Yet the S.C. is far more elegant than Chrysler's new truck...

Posted Image

...what? wrong picture? that's NOT a truck?

When did Ford buy the GMC Terradyne concept from GM?? Not much design there, and the interior is not doing it for me at all. The term "cold looking" comes to mind.

The Tri fuel concept is cool though (wonder if it actually works?). That would make a hydrogen fuel transition much more easier into the economy since you could fill up with gas when a hydro filling station isn't available... VERY good idea. And you gotta like the clutch activated supercharger.... MADMAX LIVES LMAO!

it's like they tried to make the Caddy Sixteen of trucks....

horrible... the worst part is the grille that looks like it has been plugged with plastic inserts.

sorry Balthy, I'm not with you on this one. I think it's worse than that Chayenne concept which was too feminine.

sorry Balthy, I'm not with you on this one. I think it's worse than that Chayenne concept  which was too feminine.

I dunno: I liked the Cheyanne- clean and smooth but yes: too fem.

I also like this SC's exterior- also fairly clean (OK: the profile only), but really bold & dynamic, too. World's better than the uncomfortable Tonka concept, which I didn't like. It's too over-the-top for me to buy, but I don't find any fault with the styling.

I think it's okay.

Exterior design: D-

Interior design: A

Powertrain: A

Overall: B

Should be lower, but by that scale, it come's out as a B. But anyways, that exterior is just desgusting, too liberal for my tastes, perfer a more conservative, boxy design, oh well, maybe next year. Does anyone know when the Super Duty's will be introduced for the 07 MY year?