My Pontiac Collection

*grins*

NICE collection, nikivee! It must be cool to have an old and a new GTO!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

Please adopt me. :wub: I would totally do all the maintenance on those cars for you for free. I won't eat much and I do not molest.

Wow, what a lineup! I only have 2 Pontiacs, and only one of them is as cool as any of yours. What's powering the 67? I'm gonna go ahead and say the GP is your daily driver. :AH-HA_wink:

More pics please!

Please adopt me.  :wub:  I would totally do all the maintenance on those cars for you for free.  I won't eat much and I do not molest.

Wow, what a lineup!  I only have 2 Pontiacs, and only one of them is as cool as any of yours.    What's powering the 67?  I'm gonna go ahead and say the GP is your daily driver.   :AH-HA_wink:

More pics please!

Thanks. The GP is my wife's car. Right now the 04 GTO is my daily driver. I just picked up a 1992 Sunbird, yeah I know! That will by my daily driver from now on.

The 67 is powered by a 455ci Pontiac punched out to 462ci. pushing over 500HP. The car is a street car BTW, not some race car with no plates. It gets driven alot during the Spring and Summer months to car shows and cruises. It never gets towed anywhere, including to the track. I always drive it to the track. Run low 11's to high 10's and drive home. :D I also drive the 67 3 hours each way to a big car show in MD every year. No problem at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some video of the 67.

http://www.nikivee.com/nvatgeezers.wmv

Edited by nikivee

*grins*

NICE collection, nikivee!  It must be cool to have an old and a new GTO!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new?  Wish I knew...

Yes, it actually is. See some of old school GTO guys like the new GTO despite what you may have heard to the contrary. :D

Yes, it actually is. See some of old school GTO guys like the new GTO despite what you may have heard to the contrary. :D

He he he...yeah, I know what you mean.... Personally, I like the current GTO and think some of the old school GTO guys should thank their lucky stars that the new school GTO at least stays true to RWD and V8..... :).

The 67 is powered by a 455ci Pontiac punched out to 462ci. pushing over 500HP. The car is a street car BTW, not some race car with no plates. It gets driven alot during the Spring and Summer months to car shows and cruises. It never gets towed anywhere, including to the track. I always drive it to the track. Run low 11's to high 10's and drive home. :D I also drive the 67 3 hours each way to a big car show in MD every year. No problem at all.

:bowdown: This is what it's all about, people- drive 'em!!

That is one sick fleet right there; my favorite is the '67 GTO. I've never owned a Pontiac but hope to soon; I'm always looking for something neat to play with. There's an old lady right around the corner from me still driving her '71 Catalina four door hardtop sedan with a 400 in it. I have already mentally prepared a spot for this car in my future fleet whenever she decides to stop driving it! :lol:

nikivee:

Great Colection. Thanks for sharing so many cool pics. :D

XP: tell everyone how you FOLLOWED her to her house after she eluded you for a few months. Go over and ask her to trade straight up for Big Red... that's more her demographic anyway.

XP: tell everyone how you FOLLOWED her to her house after she eluded you for a few months. Go over and ask her to trade straight up for Big Red... that's more her demographic anyway.

You make it sound like I flew into her driveway right behind her and asked her to sell me the car the second her door opened when I merely hung back a few cars to see what street she turned down because I like her car. Is this to take attention off the fact that everybody, myself included, finds it a little creepy that you speed up to take pictures of girls asses on the highway perhaps? You really need to get out more, dude, before it escalates into doing upskirts at the mall or something. Check this thread to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4882

Hide your bottoms, ladies; Sixty8's on a highway near you! :unsure:

That is one sick fleet right there; my favorite is the '67 GTO. I've never owned a Pontiac but hope to soon; I'm always looking for something neat to play with. There's an old lady right around the corner from me still driving her '71 Catalina four door hardtop sedan with a 400 in it. I have already mentally prepared a spot for this car in my future fleet whenever she decides to stop driving it!  :lol:

Thanks! As you can see I'm a big Pontiac fan. :D I hope you get that big ol Catalina. I love those big Pontiacs. Up until about 3 years ago I also owned a 65 Grand Prix. I was in the process of restoring it, but just had to many projects going. So sadly I had to sell it. Now I wish I kept it. It would have made a great rat rod with some nice 18" Torque Thrust Wheels :D

Posted Image

Edited by nikivee

Since you mentioned wheels, I've always been a fan of the eight-lug wheels Pontiac tried for a little while back in the early 60's. I know some people with later cars convert them to the eight lug for cosmetic reasons; what does that entail exactly? I figure you'd know better than most people.

Since you mentioned wheels, I've always been a fan of the eight-lug wheels Pontiac tried for a little while back in the early 60's. I know some people with later cars convert them to the eight lug for cosmetic reasons; what does that entail exactly? I figure you'd know better than most people.

I've never seen a Pontiac later than '68 wearing 8-lugs (last year they were offered), but there's really no "conversion" required. You need the hubs & drums: as long as the car you're putting them on has the same size spindles & compatable bearings, you're gold.

nikivee: I like your collection! I currently have a 64-2957 and a 64-2369. I've owned 7 full-size Pontiacs between '64 and '66. Love 'em- the best of the '60s!

Really really beautiful cars. I've seena '63 Pontiac Grand Prix down near my grandparent's house that I would love to just up and raid the car from where it's parked (no one lives on this lot and its just parked there, and in damn good condition), but I know that's kinda illegal. they are really beautiful toys, I wouldn't dare get rid of any of them, specially the '67 or '72, which were my favorite two years.