Happy Friday the 13th!

Happy Birthday Balthazar.

He mentioned earlier this week that today is his Birthday. All the best buddy. I hope that classic Cab-over Ford and Bubbletop Invicta are completed and giving you many safe miles and ear-to-ear smiles. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey thanks 68! I saved that COE pic to my hard drive; hadn't seen that one befur. Got a cool, nice article in the mail today, too! ;)

Having a rough day of it today. Guess some numbers are 'harder' than others. Spent a sh!tty day by myself out on the job, cold, dank, misty, slingin' horrific mountains of mud for 6.5 hours (gee, I sound like BV there for a sec!). At least I had some good laughs with the family tonight at dinner.

Have 2 possible car part buyers on the hook for this weekend, buying '65 Bonneville parts. More monies for the '59!

:cheers:

Slingin mud ? excavator ? shovel ? hoe ? hoe is always good on Bday, hard to get family approval however.

I had good F13, talked to nearly every employer Ive had over the past 5 years and found they would all hire me back if they had the work........... :rolleyes: maybe in spring. I guess Im going to frame houses again........whatsamatter U course #9.

Thanks for the well-wished, guys.

Yea Razor- I was messin' around with a japanese ho all day... an Hitachi EX-100 track excavator. I prefer the dozer in general (Komatsu D37P wide track)- I like to make things neat. I also run a skid steer (New Holland LS170) & back hoe (Ford 555D) when the job calls for it.

I missed the reference: "F13"....?

Blathy:

This is mildly depressing but of interest to you... that awsome junkyard I meantined in a previous thread that has a few hundred 1920-1970s cars... XP715 and me visited it again and my heart was broken... TWICE.

That's right, a '59 Buick ragtop & a '59 Buick Flat top reside there... lonely and vandalised by a forklift... 99% junk. I just ran my hands down the fenders like a shell-shocked soldier on the beach in Normandy. So... depressing. The only consolation is that 90% of the cars's usable parts were already gone... hopefully on the road bolted to a running & driving '59 Buick.

I'll post pics later. My digital died before we got to them... I took a 140 pictures of classic cars in ONE section of the junkyard alone... many group shots. We got to the '59s and it died... almost like it felt too depressing of a sceene to preserve in pixles. :(

Anyway the good news is the other day I got Marcia to finally stop fighting me on the topic of me buying a '59. XP715 called me and told me about a 1962 Cadillac Flower car (I'm NOT making this up!) i the WantAd... knowing I like flower cars and 1961 Cadillacs he thought he'd mention it.

I dialed the number he gave me like it was a 911 call and there was a half-dozen ax murderers in the house. My stubby fingers pushing down the numbers while my mind was racing. If this thing is savable I'll figure out a way to score the $1500 in the next 20 minutes and drag the car home with the Datsun if I have to.

Three rings and a friendly "hello" from a middle aged male. I stumble over my words and explain I'm intereseted in the Cadillac Flower Car, he says: already SOLD... it was savable but needed a COMPLETE restoration.

I hang up the phone and tell Marica about what jus happened. She says "I don't want no creepty Flower car... just get the 1959 Buick so we can BOTH enjoy it... flower cars are weird"

So that seals it. It took less than 3 months to break her resistance. I'm in like Flynn.

God works in mysterious ways. :D

I tried ot get the hood open on the less destroyed one to get you that fan shroud you want.... no luck. Next time I'll bring some tools and take some better photos.

Thanks again. Day 2 under the new number and it's settling in OK. I do feel more pressure to get back to work on my motor vehicle projects again, which of course is a good thing. I have commited to reuniting the body & chassis on the '59 2 weeks from now (co-ordinating a few pairs of helping hands). Anyone want to come over and play line worker for an afternoon?? :P

Balthy:

if you were 40 miles away instead of 400 I'd be there in a flash. Sometime in the spring if I'm heading down there I'll stop by and do some lifting and wrench turning to help you get either one of your projects on the road. :)