High speed + telephone pole = Bad day

Human supidity at work again.

We had a MINI Cooper S driver roll her MINI convertible on tail of the dragon...with her two elementary school aged kids in the back. Balled up the car pretty good but the three of them escaped without injury for the most part.

One of the local Honda guys decided to push his Prelude during a track day...no cage...no fire system...no window net...no racing suit...just a crash helmet. He balled up the Prelude into about as much of a pile a metal as that poor Camaro above!

For me, if I'm going to get THAT stupid I want a dedicated track, a car full of safety equipment, and an ambulance...along with a life flight hellicopter. Doesn't hurt to have guys in white working the corners also.

HANS device wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Had that Camaro been raced on a track...more likely than not...he would have gone off into a tire wall or a sand pit...rebuilt the minor damage to the car...and still be racing it today.

Chris

Going a bit fast, someone pulled out I think, he hit ice on already cold & hard summer tires...and...ta-da...splitsky. Thankfully, from what I've read, just a scratch on the noggin, as you might be able to tell from the driver's side. It split just close enough through the passenger.

Lots of these have been meeting such fates, but actually, not most because of the driver. Tons of rear enders, things falling on the cars, T-boned, etc. Matter of fact, a local yellow one that got a crumpled up butt was reconstructed where my brother works & he decided to bring home a full V6 dual exhaust system they removed & would have scrapped...not the faintest clue what he'll do with it, but apparently scrap for other exhaust systems. Of course. He is related to my father...

There have been a lot of "holy..." G8 splitters, rip in halfers, and such, like any other car, too...

Edited by caddycruiser

Going a bit fast, someone pulled out I think, he hit ice on already cold & hard summer tires...and...ta-da...splitsky. Thankfully, from what I've read, just a scratch on the noggin, as you might be able to tell from the driver's side. It split just close enough through the passenger.

Lots of these have been meeting such fates, but actually, not most because of the driver. Tons of rear enders, things falling on the cars, T-boned, etc. Matter of fact, a local yellow one that got a crumpled up butt was reconstructed where my brother works & he decided to bring home a full V6 dual exhaust system they removed & would have scrapped...not the faintest clue what he'll do with it, but apparently scrap for other exhaust systems. Of course. He is related to my father...

There have been a lot of "holy..." G8 splitters, rip in halfers, and such, like any other car, too...

A bit fast? That's like saying a nuke makes a bit of an explosion. He was going very fast to have destroyed the structure like that.

A bit fast? That's like saying a nuke makes a bit of an explosion. He was going very fast to have destroyed the structure like that.

Well, you know...just takes some extra momentum in the wrong direction. Split...eek...

Last month there was a crash about half a mile from where I live. A car was rounding a curve at over 100mph, ran off the road and struck a tree. Unfortunately three of the five occupants were killed instantly.

My dad related to me that he was met one of their friend at a gas station, who was talking about how $h!faced he got after their funeral and drove home.