Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Targa! Targa! Targa!

21 posts in this topic

Variance    0

Screw convertibles, we need some affordable (preferably glass-roof) targas. The GTO, the 350Z, the Corvette...they all need the magic of the removable roof panel (not T-tops, either).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

z28luvr01    170

The Vette has it...has for much of my 27 year existence. Though I don't know if the C6 has a clear roof panel available, or just the body colored.

Unless you mean power targa roof....

ocnblu    773
As far as I know, a Targa is a one piece removable roof section, a la C4-C6. Wasn't it first popularized by Porsche in the 70's?

Variance    0

Ack, you're right, Z. Call it a brain stutter. But yeah, I would prefer them be glass for a more open feeling.

Edited by VarianceJ30

Variance    0

As far as I know, a Targa is a one piece removable roof section, a la C4-C6.  Wasn't it first popularized by Porsche in the 70's?

Popularized, yes. However, apparently the actual first targa was the Triumph TR4. They called it a "surrey top".

Posted Image

razoredge    0

TR4's and TR250's ROCK, I love the styling ! I never knew about that top though, thats gotta be a detachable segment of a hardtop becasue 4's & 250's like most Brit sports cars were roadsters. :unsure: Im not sure who was first, I would have thought Porsche myself but that might just be that they had "targa" model. Didnt C3 have targa ?

Cory Wolfe    263

300zx had targa as well

Um... sure about that? I'm pretty sure 300ZXs only had glass t-tops as an option.

In fact, I'll bet my Grand Am on it. If I win, well, I win. If I lose, you get my Grand Am. <sarcasm> Oh boy... I hope I don't lose. How will I ever live without my Grand Am? Oh my... me my. What a disaster that would be. </sarcasm> :rolleyes::P

mute    0

Um... sure about that? I'm pretty sure 300ZXs only had glass t-tops as an option.

In fact, I'll bet my Grand Am on it. If I win, well, I win. If I lose, you get my Grand Am. <sarcasm> Oh boy... I hope I don't lose. How will I ever live without my Grand Am? Oh my... me my. What a disaster that would be. </sarcasm> :rolleyes::P

i could check my friend used to have one either in t top or targa but i think it was targa

I'm feeling the Ferrari & POrsche but I think the DelSol is about as unappealing as a cleaveland (locomotive).

capriceman    0

Bad.  Ass.

just because of the play boy thing hanging from the mirrior. Not because its a honda.

pow    106

Ack, you're right, Z. Call it a brain stutter. But yeah, I would prefer them be glass for a more open feeling.

The C6's can be ordered with glass.

Posted Image

ocnblu    773
Lexan, isn't it? The earlier versions were.

Here's a few cars wiht a slab of non existant roof over the driver.... some powered by a V16!

It's snowing, hailing & raining simultaneously? I'm fine under a roof, f**k the driver. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this