My 2004 GTO

Yeah, I hate that thing. My dad was like "but if you can't get it all to come off then it will look worse"  :rolleyes:

OK, not to go all Heloise on you, but use warm soapy water. I know the weather is kinda yucky in IL but if you have a heated attached garage then maybe you can do it?

Nice ride! Any sticker comes off easy with heat....(heat gun or blow drier)

warm it up real good, slip under it with a razor blade and pull slow, keeping

the heat on it. Goo gone will eliminate any residual gorilla snot.

BLOWDRYER! Forgot about that one!

Yea listen to this guy he knows what's what...

hay men give it the old go to with the hairdryer and get that taken care of and if ya got the money give it a nice z24 paint with the black tail bar and the black scallop along the side i have yet to see it on a GTO and i think it would be hot.......like the camaro in this section first page its red

really hot and i dont care how spoiled you have to be to have parents that will help / buy this for you and pay / help pay insurance you def deserve it cuz your here at C&G

Dude I'm so effin Jealous it's ridicilous! Wow I want one. :wub:

One thing though: you need to go to the dealer and get that recall taken care of, you know the missing third pedal. There's clearly only two and that's messed up. How did you manage to drive it home like that? Geezz... hoe noe of the synchromesh got messed up.

Yeah, I hate that thing. My dad was like "but if you can't get it all to come off then it will look worse"  :rolleyes:

Two words: heat gun

I'll try to take off the sticker sometime.

My dad doesn't even want to discuss any mods right now, lol. If I could get some mods I'd check out shipping on Holden wheels from AU (found a sweet set of 18s with tires for only $1100 USD!). I might look into a pinstripe, but the line running down the side kind of acts as one. I'd also like to look into getting some OEM '06 taillights. Unless I want to increase the performance (which I don't really have a need to) then I probably wouldn't get an exhaust system since it already sounds great. My won't let me take off the front plate since it's the law to have one.

Invest in tires!

even though you might not spin them they still go fast. (in the rear). Trust my I drive hard with the caprice and i rotate with every oil change.

other than that dont speed :rolleyes: and have fun.

Nice miles though!!

Congrats on the "new to you" Pontiac. I love the '04+ GTO's... just wish the trunk was able to hold our stroller, as I would be inclined to really consider one as my toy. Actually tonight I made my bi-weekly trip to the right-around-the corner (very local, but small) Pontiac/GMC/Buick dealer and they still have their two '05 GTO's (black & cyclone gray) and now have an impulse blue '06. That cyclone gray has caught my eye many times... I could probably get it if I wanted, but that would mean no SKY. And I really like the SKY :P Anyway, good luck with yours and keep us informed on how much you're enjoying it!

And my best NOS impersonation  :lol:

Sweet pose, must've been studying my pics awful hard? haha jp

Great looking ride. Few things would be (well, if it were mine) remove the red sticker on the back bumper, remove the front license plate (replace it with something that says Pontiac or something if mandatory), and paint the black part of the headlights body color. :P

Hey Northstar, I assume you traded your alero in on this the GTO, what I wanted to ask is how much mileage did it have and how was it holding up? I know you had a heavy foot on the gas from posts on the old forums (like me) and I was wondering how much it cost to keep the car up after 50k miles which I just passed, and congrates on the GTO awsome car...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Northstar,  I assume you traded your alero in on this the GTO, what I wanted to ask  is how much mileage did it have and how was it holding up?  I know you had a heavy foot on the gas from posts on the old forums (like me) and I was wondering how much it cost to keep the car up after 50k miles which I just passed, and congrates on the GTO awsome car...

Sorry I didn't see this before or I would have responded. We actually kept the Alero for my sister; it has like 45k on it now and it's doing pretty well for the most part. We got an extended warrantly a while back, so it hasn't cost us anything on the couple repairs it has had (it had to get it's third new intake manifold thanks to me, lol). Other than that, it's been basically repair-free.

Just as an update:

I took the red sticker off quite a while ago, and it looks much better without it. The car's been doing great and the mileage isn't horrible (around 14MPG all in the city and with the heat on since it's been freezing out lately, and with a heavy foot). I'm over 7k miles by now (ike 7100 I think?).

I've been looking into mods, and though I doubt my dad is going to be too happy about me doing so, I'm hoping to get a K&N sometime in the summer after I get some money. I found an "Aircharger" from K&N that adds 18 RWHP, so that should put me at about equal power to a stock '05 (with that and my camshaft). I'll probably look into a couple other cheap(er) mods too.

Where did you find the 18 RWHP it adds? ^_^

If you spray-bomb the cold air intake with day-glo orange it will add 45 horsepower!