Phantoms...

While looking for a '57 Oldsmobile Fiesta hardtop wagon picture for the "Wagon Love" thread, I found this sketch:

0812sr_01_z+1957_oldsmobiles_buicks+oldsmobile_truck.jpg

That would be a nice looking truck; I love the '57 Oldsmobile lineup, and '55-'57 GMC 'Blue Chip' trucks are my favorite. I know Camino has made posts in the past about what phantom vehicles you'd like to see, so here's my selection to start it off. Post yours if you care to share :)

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Outstanding find ........ my dear old Dad had a 58 Fiesta twotone green with a partial white top.

1958 Oldsmobile 4dr Hardtop Fiesta Wagon with the air-ride suspension, dripping in chrome.

Pretty cool, RjION. I like the '58s, but prefer the '57s more. I watched an awesome '57 Fiesta go across the Barrett-Jackson auction block in Janaury, and was surprised to see it sell in the low $20k range (if I'm remembering correctly). If I could have one classic '50s car, it would be a 1957 Oldsmobile Fiesta :lovey:

I would have like to seen what happened if GM stuck with Olds and had killed Saturn instead.

The Aura would probably have been the new Intrigue.

The Astra would probably have been a new Alero.

Relay would have been the new Silhouette

Outlook would have been the new Bravada

Vue would have been a new model

and they would have needed to update the Aurora with the 3.6 instead of the 3.5

I would have like to seen what happened if GM stuck with Olds and had killed Saturn instead.

The Aura would probably have been the new Intrigue.

The Astra would probably have been a new Alero.

Relay would have been the new Silhouette

Outlook would have been the new Bravada

Vue would have been a new model

and they would have needed to update the Aurora with the 3.6 instead of the 3.5

Had Oldsmobile continued, I'd love to have seen a Toronado revival, as a largish coupe based on the Aurora w/ it's own styling...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar