Do you think Bin Laden will be caught?

Do you foresee Bin Laden's capture within the next couple of years?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you foresee Bin Laden's capture within the next couple of years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Other

The ONLY reason I bring this up is because on the MSN homepage there was a blurb about the fact that he won't go alive. With all the negative Iraq stuff, I sure as heck don't go into the news that much; however, what brought this on? I am wondering if that organization is feeling some heat or if some captured individuals are "spilling the beans." Just a thought.

It's readily apparent that his personal groomer has been caught as well.

:ohyeah:

But seriously I voted undecided... First off I'm not sure he's even alive anymore, those tapes could have been made in like 2002. I think there's a chance he got blown to smitherines in one of the many covoys we blew up in Afghanistan.

Whatever, if he goes another hate-filled retard will fill his place. <_<

The fact that there would be a great deal of threat to the US.  We're combating ideologies, not individuals.

If Bin Laden is done, then who will be the face of the war on terror? Should we just start invading every country we think has terrorists...like we did in Iraq?

bin laden hasn't been the face or focus for some time now.....the insurgents in iraq are posing just as big of a problem and are proving to be "undefeatable" like bin laden. enzora is right, this has become a much much bigger war than bin laden, too many organizations and threats against us now....

The threats are much bigger than Bin Laden and will remain after he is gone. What I find inexcusable is the fact that we haven't gotten him yet. Forget the excuses I want results - the man must be made to pay. No other result is satisfactory, period.

We all like to see the bad guy go down. Look at how people cheer in a 007 film...I know, weird association.

Two quick thoughts not trying to be too political:

1. Negative

They have, as Pantho said, replacement "clones" for such individuals

2. Positive

Radical movements have a limited shelf life as some causes dont' hold up...they can hang for another 5, 10 or 20 years, but another generation growing up in a democracy may not buy into what they have to sell

Edited by trinacriabob

Radical movements have a limited shelf life as some causes dont' hold up...they can hang for another 5, 10 or 20 years, but another generation growing up in a democracy may not buy into what they have to sell

I hope you're right... but remember there has been fighting in the middle east for centuries. And the west only added fuel to the fire wiht the Crusaides.

Greed.

Power.

Religion.

Very bad mix.

Edited by Sixty8panther

There was an interesting article in the news this morning. Serbian War criminal "General Ratko Mladic" may have been captured and transferred to the Netherlands to be tried for his war crimes. He has been on the loose since the early 1990's and the Serb/Bosnian/Croatian wars, much longer than Bin Laden.

The story is an example of how hard it is to find someone, whether it's Mladic or Bin Laden. They both are/were hiding in areas where the people support them and Mladic was hiding in Serbia, a much area than where Bin Laden is hiding. Bin Laden is rumored to be hiding in Northern Afganistan or Pakistan, among the mountain tribes.

Since I don't believe in discussing politics or religion, I will say that both Democratic and Republican administrations have failed to find either man. It's like finding the proverbial "needle in a haystack".

Besides, the real danger is not Bin Laden, but the increasing radicalization of the Muslim religion, by people who hate our support of Israel and our western lifestyle.

I wouldn't worry about Bin Laden, I would worry about the President of Iran, Seria, France and a man named Putin.

I didn't mean to be so cryptic. Putin was once the head of the KGB. He is now president of Russia, as Enzora said, and hates us for the breakup of the Soviet Union. He is a "behind the scenes player" in the UN Oil for food scandal and the Iran nuclear energy (or weapons) scandal.

It's all part of the old cold war, where we armed one Arab country and they armed another.