I Did It.

I bought a PS3. I've had the urge to lately, but wanted to wait until GT5 was finally released. Yesterday, I decided to act upon this urge and purchased one along with the game 'Fallout 3'. I'm hitting up Ebay for more games as I type. I probably should have splurged for the 250 GB model, but I figured I would never really use the extra disc space anyways and went with the cheaper 120 GB model. With my slow internet connection, I can't see myself downloading a bunch of extras.

We have a well rounded household line-up now. PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, and even an old Sega Genesis. If I still had my Sega Dreamcast, it'd be even better. I'm looking forward to some fun gaming, and perhaps some comparisons between my brother's 360 and my PS3 for $h!s and giggles.

Now, back to the Ebay tab, I go! :P

Fallout 3 is an awesome game if you're even remotely into RPG's. The DLC's are also really worthwhile, but at 10 bucks a pop or so, they do get expensive. If you enjoy Fallout, you might also like the Mass Effect series.

Other games worth checking out on eBay are: Just Cause 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Red Dead Redemption. Even if you're not into Batman much, the game is still a huge amount of fun. Both it, and JC2 should be relatively cheap finds because they're both single player only.

Don't forget Transformers: War for Cybertron. It's supposed to be a really good game, and the best TF game to date. There's also God of War III and the UNCHARTED games which are supposed to be very good.

I plan to finally make the plunge and get a PS3 (I don't own any of the current consoles, been more into PC gaming) when GT5 (from teh looks of things it will be totally worth the wait) finally debuts and get these games among others as well.

Just received my second game in the mail. I'm going to try out Grid. NFS: Shift is on order, as well, and should arrive within another day or two. I'm finding that Fallout 3 is very addicting. I've never really been into RPG's, but it's proven to be a great game, very enjoyable. My only regret is going for the original, rather than the upgraded Game of the Year edition with extra lanscapes, including a Pittsburgh based one. I still may go for that one and return the other. We'll see.

I also made sure to get an HDMI cable. It makes a huge difference over the RCA cable included, or the composite cable I had for my PS2. 1080i gorgeousness. It really lets the graphics shine.

My next purchase is going to be a cooling stand for it. I noticed the maximum operating temp is 97 or so and my non-a/c room has been getting dangerously close to that. It's hit 90 everyday so far. I don't want to take any chances with it.

My only regret is going for the original, rather than the upgraded Game of the Year edition with extra lanscapes, including a Pittsburgh based one. I still may go for that one and return the other. We'll see.

I'd heartily recommend the GOTY edition, especially for 'Point Lookout.' 'The Pitt' I wasn't as happy about, but PL is a real good ride, with quite a bit of loot you'll want to haul back to the D.C. Wasteland, and a storyline that gets very creepy. You'll want to get play Broken Steel first and get your character to a level in the 20's or you're going to be Ghoul food.

Just received my second game in the mail. I'm going to try out Grid. NFS: Shift is on order, as well, and should arrive within another day or two.

GRiD was a big surprise. I had a lot of fun with it... its not GT5, but its close.

Every NFS game I try anymore has NO shelf life. I use them a little bit and then they collect dust. Usually meh graphics while driving and awful vehicle dynamics. They are going to have to have some spectacular demos for me to even consider wasting my money on a NFS game in the future.

I recommend Burnout Paradise. Should be able to find that cheap on eBay nowadays.

I could toss all my PS3 games and live on GTA4, GRiD and Burnout Paradise only.

I'd heartily recommend the GOTY edition, especially for 'Point Lookout.' 'The Pitt' I wasn't as happy about, but PL is a real good ride, with quite a bit of loot you'll want to haul back to the D.C. Wasteland, and a storyline that gets very creepy. You'll want to get play Broken Steel first and get your character to a level in the 20's or you're going to be Ghoul food.

So I've heard. I've also heard the GOTY edition is very glitchy, though some people say that's due to the autosave feature, which can be turned off.

Every NFS game I try anymore has NO shelf life. I use them a little bit and then they collect dust. Usually meh graphics while driving and awful vehicle dynamics. They are going to have to have some spectacular demos for me to even consider wasting my money on a NFS game in the future.

I've heard good things about NFS Shift. Seems to be the closest to GT5 in simulation racing (though, still not much of a comparison).

You might want to pick up Burnout Paradise. It's had good ratings. I love the Burnout series, its my favorite arcade racer.

I've thought about it, though I'm not high on arcade racing. With my PS2, playing, say, Tokyo Extreme Racer and then playing GT4 directly afterwords, the latter is always the more rewarding experience. Nothing beats simulation racing. So far, Grid is definitely on the arcade side of things, but I'm trying. It seems like a good game if you get used to odd driving dynamics.