It has finally happened!

My SKY image came through yesterday!!!

:pbjtime::ohyeah::D:metal::bowdown::booyah::smilewide::gitfunky::breakdance:

I go to the dealership on Saturday to write up the paperwork and put a deposit down, although the sales manager has already put it into the system with the options I want. I was working a late yesterday (actually, almost always do) and I get an e-mail from the manager saying that my image arrived, he put in my options, and I can now officially say that I have ordered my '07 SKY. The only downside is that I wanted the black & red two-toned leather interior to go with the Silver Graphite exterior. There's a constraint on that interior, so I told him to go ahead and change the interior to the all black leather interior.

Hopefully I will have it in time for my work/school's Spring Break in April. What a cool way to spend the week's vacation, driving around in the SKY :P I'm probably pushing it though, as the car likely won't come in until May/June. I'd love to have it before my Seniors graduate on June 20th though - they all know how bad I want this car and would love for them to see it before they leave high school for good.

Anyway, I wanted to share my exciting news with everyone, and soon Josh won't be the only Kappa owner here anymore!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

My SKY image came through yesterday!!!

:pbjtime:  :ohyeah:  :D  :metal:  :bowdown:  :booyah:  :smilewide:  :gitfunky:  :breakdance:

I go to the dealership on Saturday to write up the paperwork and put a deposit down, although the sales manager has already put it into the system with the options I want.  I was working a late yesterday (actually, almost always do) and I get an e-mail from the manager saying that my image arrived, he put in my options, and I can now officially say that I have ordered my '07 SKY.  The only downside is that I wanted the black & red two-toned leather interior to go with the Silver Graphite exterior.  There's a constraint on that interior, so I told him to go ahead and change the interior to the all black leather interior.

Hopefully I will have it in time for my work/school's Spring Break in April.  What a cool way to spend the week's vacation, driving around in the SKY  :P I'm probably pushing it though, as the car likely won't come in until May/June.  I'd love to have it before my Seniors graduate on June 20th though - they all know how bad I want this car and would love for them to see it before they leave high school for good.

Anyway, I wanted to share my exciting news with everyone, and soon Josh won't be the only Kappa owner here anymore!

i'm currious as to how much a lease would be... but it doesnt mention it on the saturn page...

i looked at the pontiac, and those solstice dont seem to have very good residual values

I don't know if April is feasible...or June. My car sat at "ready to build" for about two months before it was produced, then sat for roughly another month to 5 weeks after for final inspection.

One thing though. It moved up quite a few production codes in a short matter of time and was here before I thought it would be.

My Solstice has just under 3,000 miles on it and has somehow made its way as my daily driver and the Grand Am has been sitting!

You will love this car that's for sure. Find a dealer over on SkyRoadster.com (where I also visit, I've seen ya) and befriend him/her. They will be your best source of information on tracking your order.

nd those solstice dont seem to have very good residual values

The Solstice has the HIGHEST of any new-for-2006 domestic car, and only second to the Dodge Viper for all domestics. I read the article in Automotive News:

"The Pontiac Solstice will keep its value better than any other new 2006 domestic-brand vehicle, Automotive Lease Guide predicts.

The guide, which sets residual value standards for the industry, predicts the Solstice will hold 54.0 percent of its sticker price after three years. The roadster has a base price of $19,995, including shipping.

Among domestic vehicles, the Solstice is second only to the 2006 Dodge Viper. The guide projects the Viper to retain 60.0 percent of its sticker price after three years."

MOre:

"As a brand, Pontiac is expected to hold 42.1 percent of its sticker price after three years, up from a projection of 36.9 percent for 2005 models. Hopson attributes that improvement in part to Pontiac's strategy of curbing fleet sales.

Buick at bottom

Buick is at the bottom of the brand rankings. Its projected residual value for its 2006 vehicles is 37.9 percent.

Still, that's up from 35.5 percent for Buick's 2005 models. GM's Hopson says new vehicles such as the Lucerne sedan should enable Buick to boost its residual values further in the next 12 to 18 months."

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...=73237220068937

Went to the dealer today and gave my $500 deposit. Wife went with me, and surprisingly, she was very cordial with the sales manager and complimented the SKY many times (I think secretively she really wants this car too). So I'm on my way to making this dream a reality! By the way, the image was changed to my spec's and submitted on Feb. 28th - I'm at event code 025 right now (Selected for Approval). Sales Manager said the dealer demo model should be in around the 15th, and they're having a private party on the 20th for those that have ordered their SKY and those on the waiting list... can't wait to go!

She went with you to put down the deposit, she smiled for the cameras and waved to the crowd, but on the way home, she let loose:

"You can't keep buying new cars! The Sky's the limit, buster!"

***groan***