September 2010 Sales: Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Motors Reports September Sales Increase Of More Than Five Percent

Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced last month was one of its best in nearly two years with September sales of 4,961, an increase of 5.3 percent compared to September 2009. MMNA has reported only three higher monthly sales totals since November 2008.

"Our September sales give us encouragement that consumers are returning to the market," said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara. "Our momentum will accelerate the remainder of the year, because we are launching our all-new Outlander Sport CUV."

September sales highlights include:

• Lancer sales were up 71 percent compared to September 2009.
  • Outlander sales were up 104 percent in September and are up 17 percent for the year to date.
  • Endeavor sales more than tripled (up 324%) compared to last year and are up 7 percent for the year.
  • Eclipse coupe sales were up 7 percent for the month, and Eclipse Spyder sales were up 7.5 percent.
  • Lancer Evolution sales were up more than 45% in September.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers.

everything is relative.

the galant is not competitive with the best midsizers.

but in the right context for some, a galant rental return with lots of warranty left and a really good price it certainly is a decent car.

i had a galant v6 loaner once and it steered and handled well and had balls under the hood.

an excoworker of mine has had her galant for about 5 years now, she even bought custom wheels for it and she likes the car.

lots of room and space.

they have an SE package now I believe that is well equipped and decently priced.

for those that want an appliance and some warranty and are not caught up in badges its a decent car. It's probably a better car than an Impala for a lot of people.

Edited by regfootball

Aren't you the one who has been saying the Galant is pretty much the greatest car ever built?

Reg is our resident apologist for Suzuki and Mitsubishi. Apparently he likes sharing the road with cars that make his cobalt look like a Bentley when it comes to features, quality, and styling.

Aren't you the one who has been saying the Galant is pretty much the greatest car ever built?

Reg is our resident apologist for Suzuki and Mitsubishi. Apparently he likes sharing the road with cars that make his cobalt look like a Bentley when it comes to features, quality, and styling.

rather have an Evo than a stupid mini.

SX4 is a decent vehicle, aside from the bubble view out the weird front pillars. it's 98% as fun and capable as the honda Fit.

Suzuki Swift would be a pretty nice rig if they bring it here.

Eclipse is a pretty nice car. Like the interior a lot.

Lancer Sportback is a nice looking rig.

The new Outlander sport looks to be good and the current outlander is already pretty decent.

i'm not apologizing for them like the GM bangers love to do around here about GM, pretending its all class leading when its not.

I am just saying within the right price and right context, for some, they work out ok. Like my friend who likes her Galant, she has an uncle with an Endeavor he loves. Lots of Endeavor owners like them, and its even won comparos vs. the Pilot before. I know my friend who travels for work a lot has said he's liked the Galant rentals he has gotten when travelling for business. Big upgrade over the Sebrings and such.

Chrysler should be so lucky to have some of the product mitsubishi and suzuki have. i'd rather see chrysler go balls up first.

Edited by regfootball

The Evo is much less user firendly, and much more of a niche car...also costs twice as much almost...

About 22K for a base MINI S and about what...37-42K for whatever version of the evo they are selling now?

I don't think all of their products are bad, and yes, I know they work for some people. But...ughhhhh...I don't like much of the current lineup of either one.

And sorry, reg, didn't mean to sound offensive but...ughhh...I just can't stand Suzuki.

rather have an Evo than a stupid mini.

Wow, completely different beasts. The Mini is a godsend in in Arlington, things are tight everywhere and that car is tiny. The Evo starts at $33k and even with the inevitable incentives, you'll still spend more on the Mitsu than our Mini cost. Oh, and the Mini will have significantly better resale value.

• Agree 1

ha, not everyone who buys a mini buys the cheap one. lots of folks option and accessorize them up to 30k and beyond (which is ridiculous).

Mini is a toy car. It's a fashion statement. Its fun too if you like that sort of whimsical beauty, but i hope you enjoy your resale before the brand managers bring out more clubmans and countrymans and destroy the brand entirely by spawning off all sorts of cute little worthless variants.

at least it will be good to know BMW the company that has placed ads showing rabbits propelling themselves off their back feet only because it pure, will soon be building 3 cylinder front drive cars to try to sell to the starstruck masses. I would hope by that time that rabbit in that ad has undergone a quick Darwin flash so his driving legs are in front.

Face it most Mini buyers really don't assign any difference between the Mini they drive and their sweet little pink Coach handbag they got at the mall.

I'd rather have a stinkin cruze than a Mini. Scratch that. a 2012 Aveo, rather than a Mini.

Edited by regfootball

I really like the one at the NYC Autoshow, but it's a tweener. Not quite Fusion sized, but not Focus small either.

that's why it depends on the price you get it at. apparently if handling is what you are after, then this is better than probably both of those.

Cobalt drivers, always forgetting there is no shame in having a car that people notice.

i suppose if you need that public affirmation to make up for a lack somewhere else.....

I hate the mini because it's an impractical expensive girl handbag and my slum cobalt will take it in a drag race anyways...well considering it's mostly chicks driving it. And I can take all the money I save and buy more alcohol.

Another reason to hate it, it's a BMW, but not a 'real' one

An SS cobalt would wipe a minis ass off the pavement.