2010 Chevy Cobalt 4dr

Was in Denver for the weekend, beautiful fall weather. Since I'd sampled 3 midsize and one fullsize this year, I thought I'd rent a compact...got a black 4dr Cobalt from Thrifty. Charcoal interior. First compact I've driven since a 2dr Cobalt back in '08, also in Denver.

Was a pleasant little car, nothing to complain about..seemed competent, reasonably peppy, comfortable, easy to see out of. Interesting to have the controls for the info screen (trip computer) on the steering wheel...couldn't figure out how to reset the trip odometers, though. No cruise control. The seats were firm, pretty well bolstered...wonder if they might be too firm on a long drive. Seemed to be good on gas.

my cobalt turned 6 months old this weekend, the love affair has long since gone.

i wish the i had the opportunity to flip it and get something else.

it's not a bad car, but the things that are not nice about it are sorta getting to me.

Hate the seats in mine....not comfy at all. Good on gas though.

don't drive a cruze and try to get back in your cobalt.....much better seats in the cruze....

Oh, I would have been happy in the Cobalt SS's seats.......BUT THERE IS NO ARMREST IN THE SS

Once again, relief is spelled GTI!

I have never driven the GTI but (sidebar here) that Kizashi I drove the other day is more fun and a better car than the 5 cylinder Jettas I have been in. Much better.

I'd like to flog a WRX sometime. I have never liked the Impreza much though. The Lancer Ralliart intrgues me too, but I know how much you like the Dodge Lancer.

I looked at a Nissan Juke the other day. Aside from the front end, it really is cool looking and I would love to try one of those, but the interior looks so small in it, I am not sure I would fit. The rear seats are toys in the Juke, and the front looks very tight as well.

Edited by regfootball

I have the leather seats in mine. They're much more comfortable than the base cloth seats, which seemed overly hard.