Holy Japan.

Cory Wolfe

Pretty amazing - must be about 50 feet high.

The closest I've seen to that was during the blizzard of '96. A road near the house I was living in at the time had walls like that about 20-25 feet high (created by drifitng). It was like being in another world. Nothing looked familiar at all.

I actually went skiing with some guys when I was in Japan once...was riding the bullet train...was springtime weather on one side of the mountain...train goes into a tunnel...snow like this on the other side.

All of the locals laughed at us when they saw our reaction to all of that snow...

Saw the vid- the method & the marks left there are obvious- but WTH made those smooth horizontal marks in the 1st pic??

I would LOVE to have a snow thrower truck vs. a blade for the job I do; would make it far easier (and more fun). I assume around here, we just don't get enough to warrant such a thing.

Whatcha think, Camino?

I think those photos are from Atlantic City recently. ;-) Seriously, there were a few spots where the snow piles were carved like that over 5' high.

Pretty amazing - must be about 50 feet high.

The closest I've seen to that was during the blizzard of '96. A road near the house I was living in at the time had walls like that about 20-25 feet high (created by drifitng). It was like being in another world. Nothing looked familiar at all.

I'll forever remember the '96 storm. I left Atlantic City to pick up my sister in Bethlehem in the middle of the storm in my $200 '86 Buick Fullsize wagon...a ~4 hour round trip turned into a 10 hour saga. IIRC, Bethlehem already had a bunch of old snow piled up... so I was astonished to see her car was parked in a spot already carved out of a 6-7' tall drift. By the time I was returning to Jersey, 322 past Turnersville was about 2 foot and completely untouched... luckily, the Buick had the clearance to make it. Dropped my sister off at Dad's house and she had a 100 ft slog through 2' of snow. My alleyway in Ocean City had 4-5' drifts that I had to repeated ram to get through. Next day, the poor car wouldn't start... opening the hood, it was packed with snow that I had to clean out and let dry out before it ran again.

The past storm was bad, and in many ways surpassed the '96 storm at the shore... and, as usual, I ended up needing to drive in the storm. I never feared for my life, however... during the overall drive in the '96 storm, it was more insane and I sincerely feared disaster was everywhere, as any screw up would leave one without rescue... there were NO people around most of the trip. And remember... few cell phones back then.

I plowed during that entire storm - 74 hrs straight, with one two-hour break, and one four-hour break.

I am unlikely to forget the experience.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, looked the same, everything familiar had become invisible or alien beyond recognizability.

The thing about that one was that the storm just refused to come to an end. Travel was illegal for three days straight here in PA except for emergency vehicles. I decided that may plow truck was an emergency vehicle and continued working through it.

It got to the point that finding a place to refuel was nearly impossible all of the gas stations were abandoned.

Wild.

• 2 weeks later...

snow.jpg

LOVE this shot! Wish I could be there.

Reminds me a little of the winter of '79 in these parts. Lots of snow, but not quite THAT much.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * ChitownCruiseNites_2011

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Wouldn't that be something?" __ Finger 11 __ '1 Thing'