Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

BLS Cadillac

RJB

My new issue of CAR magazine which is a British publication has a full page ad for the new BLS in it. In the ad it says "Independence Day - April 8th". This is when you can order the car, with the availability of a turbodiesel or petrol engines. The car does not look too bad in the ad, a smoothed over CTS I guess.

If you can please post some pics. :P

They're all over. IIRC if you go to cadillaceurope.com (might be wrong, so GI), there are pics and 360s for it.

And no, it's not just a smooth CTS. It's much smaller. Saab 9-3 is actually in the compact class, slightly longer than a Cobalt and comparable in size.

BLS- bland little sedan. How utterly corny could they get with this name.

I still think of B U L L S H I T

Esp when everyone I know says B.S. all the time.

Another FWD Cadillac? Hell no!!!

GM does not need another FWD Caddy...

I think they should have given up on that

concept after the Alante. F*%# the BLS,

if you want Cadillac to be the "Standard

of the World" again they need the Cien &

more importantly SIXTEEN built. NOW.

I say the BLS could be a decent Pontiac

but that's it in the USA Market!

Yes. Right now Cadillac needs a $500,000 2-seater supercar. :rolleyes:

Alante? Is that a cheap Allante? And what? You're implying the Allante failed chiefly because it was FWD and not due to its bodies being fabricated in Italy and then flow to America for assembly? :lol2:

Not this again.

I want them to build an AWD BTS for the U.S. simply so people will stop compairing the CTS to the 3-series and A4.

My vision of the Cadillac lineup is thus:

BTS AWD = A4 = 3-series

CTS = 5-series = A6

STS = 740i = A8

STS-L/DTS = 750iL = A8L = S-class

BTS AWD = A4 = 3-series

CTS = 5-series = A6

STS = 740i = A8

STS-L/DTS = 750iL = A8L = S-class

The NG CTS will be slightly bigger and more expensive than the current model, which leaves room for the Epislon II BLS. This will be much more Cadillac-y and will have rear-biased full time AWD.

The failing point of the Allante wasn't because it was FWD. FWD was only one of them. The main reason is cost. They build the chassis, ship it to Italy then ship it back for finall assembly. The longest production line in the world.

Allante owners love their cars; that's why it is so hard to find a pre-owned Allante and then if/when you do, why they are still so expensive. Allantes only have a few electronic issues in the early models and some of the soft tops leaked in the rain, but those were addressed by the second generation as well as getting the Northstar. There isn't anything wrong with an Allante.

You need to just stop it with the anti-FWD crap. Toronados and Rivieras are well respected vehicles within the automotive enthusiast community and you didn't hear anyone bitching about their drivetrain setup back in the 1960s through the mid-1980s. So get a clue. BTW, is your Datsun RWD? Didn't think so. Neither is your Cobalt. :pokeowned:

Edited by Croc

Allante owners love their cars; that's why it is so hard to find a pre-owned Allante and then if/when you do, why they are still so expensive.  Allantes only have a few electronic issues in the early models and some of the soft tops leaked in the rain, but those were addressed by the second generation as well as getting the Northstar.  There isn't anything wrong with an Allante.

You need to just stop it with the anti-FWD crap.  Toronados and Rivieras are well respected vehicles within the automotive enthusiast community and you didn't hear anyone bitching about their drivetrain setup back in the 1960s through the mid-1980s.  So get a clue.  BTW, is your Datsun RWD?  Didn't think so.  Neither is your Cobalt. :pokeowned:

actually croc, his Datsun and Infinity are both RWD.... just sayin

So it's FWD , IT is an entry level Cadillac. Fwd has a place, especially in snowy climes.

Cadillac needs to SELL cars, volume Bls sales are better than "occasional" Xlr sales.

Imagine a Bls that is turbo diesel, not a gas gulping bad image machine. Might steal some sales from people that would not normally consider a Cadillac..

And... if they were to bring something like this and (option)add AWD call it BXS, to distingish it from the others.

So it's FWD , IT is an entry level Cadillac. Fwd has a place, especially in snowy climes.

Cadillac needs to SELL cars, volume Bls sales are better than "occasional" Xlr sales.

Imagine a Bls that is turbo diesel, not a gas gulping bad image machine. Might steal some sales from people that would not normally consider a Cadillac..

And... if they were to bring something like this and (option)add AWD call it BXS, to distingish it from the others.

BTW... i'm ok with Escalades(tahoes,expeds), love em'.....but many others aren't

Cadillac=Lexus=Lincoln

BTS(Epsilon)=ES=MK-Z

DTS(Chi)=RS?=MK-S

BRX(Theta,5-pass)=EX?=MK-ZX

DRX(Lambda,7-pass)=RX=MK-SX

Escalade=Land Cruiser=Navigator

CTS=IS=MK-L

STS=GS=MK-T

ULS=LS=MK-C

CRX?(Sigma 5-pass)=IX?=MK-LX

SRX(Sigma 5-pass)=GX=MK-TX

URX?(Sigma 7-pass)=LX=MK-CX

Just an idea, anyway the BLS is good for Europe or Canada not the US. It would compete nicely with the Acura TSX.

I want them to build an AWD BTS for the U.S. simply so people will stop compairing the CTS to the 3-series and A4.

No, you don't.

The BLS isn't competitive with the 3-Series and A4, and bringing it here would seriously hinder the favorable image Cadillac has worked to achieve throughout the past five years. In fact, it'd only hinder any credibility future Cadillacs would seek to hold in that class.

Rather than shoving an incompetent model down our throats just to shut critics up, Cadillac should work on developing a model that builds on the brand's rennaissance. In terms of design, drivetrain, performance, and downright authenticity, the BLS is not that model.

No, you don't. 

The BLS isn't competitive with the 3-Series and A4, and bringing it here would seriously hinder the favorable image Cadillac has worked to achieve throughout the past five years.  In fact, it'd only hinder any credibility future Cadillacs would seek to hold in that class. 

Rather than shoving an incompetent model down our throats just to shut critics up, Cadillac should work on developing a model that builds on the brand's rennaissance.  In terms of design, drivetrain, performance, and downright authenticity, the BLS is not that model.

I didn't say *this* BTS.... I said A BTS.

Oops, you're right.  The Maxima didn't go FWD until 1985, one model year later than his.  My bad.

But that Seville he loved so much wasn't RWD.

uhm.... he didn't love the Seville, he complained about the FWD and maintainence on it all the time..... just sayin...

http://www.cadillac-bls.com/Default.aspx?l...n&iso=GB&page=8

The European BLS page.

Lexus keeps kicking a$$ in the US based on the sales of 2 FWD models (ES and RX), and there is no doubt that they ae seen as a luxury car maker. The majority of driver do not know fwd from a hole in the ground. But they do know if they like an interior and they have their perceptions about quality! These are not meant to be sports cars, but nice riding entry lux. That is where the bulk of the sales are going to be.

620 miles to the tank with the 150 hp diesel engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jrockb4

Although the BLS isn't needed in the US. A midsize epsilon is needed to take on the ES, TL, & MKZ. I'd call it the BTS. It would be on E2 and would come with next-gen Caddy styling a 3.6L 270hp V-6, a 6-spd AT,& availible AWD. A Theta-based BRX should have similr drivetrain features.

The next DTS should be on Chi and come with a 4.3L 315hp V-8, a 6spd AT, & AWD. A Lambda-based DRX should be produced with the same drivetrain options.

Here's how size differences will change, these are approximates.

CTS($30-40k($50k(CTS-V)))=BLS($25-30k)

STS($40-60k($70k(STS-V)))=BTS($30-40k)

ULS($60-110k($120k(STS-V)))=DTS($40-55k)

Thats all for now.

Edited by carman21

• 2 weeks later...