Now this is getting interesting

I know that a lot can still happen till the ship docks in Long Beach. But with that said I feel this deal is farther along than most realize.

I would not be suprised if the El Camino does not appear about the same time as the RWD Chevy Sports sedan in 2014.

Too many people from GM are talking and about the new Zeta and Chevy would not be doing this if they had no intentions of bringing it in. This is too sensitive of a topic after the loss of the G8 and G8 ST. To tease and not have any intentions to bring it in would do more damage than good. If they were just thinking about it I know they would be silent.

Also PCS has been laying hints all around. He is speaking as loud as he can on this car with out words.

I know that a lot can still happen till the ship docks in Long Beach. But with that said I feel this deal is farther along than most realize.

I would not be suprised if the El Camino does not appear about the same time as the RWD Chevy Sports sedan in 2014.

Too many people from GM are talking and about the new Zeta and Chevy would not be doing this if they had no intentions of bringing it in. This is too sensitive of a topic after the loss of the G8 and G8 ST. To tease and not have any intentions to bring it in would do more damage than good. If they were just thinking about it I know they would be silent.

Also PCS has been laying hints all around. He is speaking as loud as he can on this car with out words.

Yep.

It's coming.

Yeah, with this added into the mix, it now has a feel more like they're looking to drum up excitement, which would seem to indicate they probably already plan to bring it, but want to get some cheap advertising & word of mouth while making EC fans salivate for it.

Yes they look to be in that mode where they get the excitment coming and stimulate public demand and then tell everyone well gee since you want one we will bring it back.

Just my guess would say the Camino plan is already in place and just ready to be put into action at a already determind time. The only thing that could stop are things like a unforseen world conflict, collapes of the economy, a major GM leader making a fast exit and a new one coming in that hates the idea. You always have that intangible that could happen.

I expect to see this late 2013 as a 2014 would be my guess. We may see a show car nest year and or prototype spy shots in MI in about 10 months to a year. Just a guess on the time but I see this car coming and not all that far off.

Edited by hyperv6

• 3 weeks later...

"I would not be suprised if the El Camino does not appear about the same time as the RWD Chevy Sports sedan in 2014."

With higher CAFE and confirmed reports of the next generation FWD Impala for 2014, I won't believe any new "Sport Sedan" for that timeframe. Also, even if true, gearheads will balk at the price premium for an Aussie car, just as they did for the 04-06 GTO and G8.

"I would not be suprised if the El Camino does not appear about the same time as the RWD Chevy Sports sedan in 2014."

With higher CAFE and confirmed reports of the next generation FWD Impala for 2014, I won't believe any new "Sport Sedan" for that timeframe. Also, even if true, gearheads will balk at the price premium for an Aussie car, just as they did for the 04-06 GTO and G8.

IIRC, the pricing of the GTO and G8 was pretty reasonable, comparable to the Charger...I would think the Charger would be the target price range of a Chevy RWD sports sedan if it were to materialize...

Your premise is false.