Camaro Crucifixion, Take Three: The Chromaro Proves Chrome Is Forever

Camaro Crucifixion, Take Three: The Chromaro Proves Chrome Is Forever

by black-knight, C&G Editor/Reporter

16th, May, 2011

The onslaught of Camaro-focused brutality refuses to let off of the throttle, leaving the bowtie pony car to continue to suffer for the sins of car customization. Last week we brought you a prematurely ragged out fifth-generation Camaro and Trans Am Depot's Ponmaro GTO thing. This week, a couple of crazy Czechoslovakian dudes have decided to wrap a -- you guessed right -- fifth-generation Camaro completely in chrome, which if you didn't know, is to a man what diamonds are to a woman and both are forever. Instead of some humble photos or renderings this time, we're bringing this particular Chromaro to you in sweet YouTube glory. Put on your best pair of sunglasses to prevent any potential blinding and click play at the top to let the madness ensue.

I think the chrome actually works on t he Camaro, shows of its sharp lines really well. Looks like some kind of concept. Works better than the TT does. It's actually pretty cool, unlike the snide tone of this article.

Oh really? You may want to rethink your comment before you get on your soapbox and coach someone about being "snide," bud.

And so what if I don't like it as a whole? I have the right to voice my opinion about it (albeit, indirectly in this case). If it seems to skew the article a little, that's alright. It's not enough to be factual when you write something, you also have to be entertaining, for better or for worse.

If it's any consolation, I do like the fact that all three Camaros I've reported on have been so outlandish that I had to write something about them. You can't ignore them.

I generally like it. Of course, I've wanted a completely chromed car since I got the chrome HW Mustang Stocker in 1974.

So its another vinyl wrap. Considering Mylar looks like chrome, I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

LOL, I'd like to check out the cost, but the 3Dfolie.com website site doesn't bother with an English translation... it just dumps you on Google Translate. I can imagine its probably $7K- $10K minimum. I would imagine its possible, due to its reflective nature, that this vinyl lasts longer than the 4-5 years other wraps are supposed to get.

I imagine if this catches on, the cops will have yet another "crackdown on fun", since the federal anti-glare laws don't allow much chrome application anymore. Of course, I've never been bothered by glare issues... after all, even shiny paint can be fairly glaring. Nothing like the ridiculously bright headlights we have out there.

The wrapped Audi does little for me. Either do the gold wraps... though I'd like to see a Camaro wrapper in gold.

I do like 67Imp's Black chrome idea.

Oh really? You may want to rethink your comment before you get on your soapbox and coach someone about being "snide," bud.

You both like being snide. Question is, where would the snide be if this was a chromed out Challenger?

You both like being snide. Question is, where would the snide be if this was a chromed out Challenger?

It would be pouring out in snidey tidal waves. :P

• Agree 1

Inception music makes everything more intense and awesome. The filming doesn't hurt, either.

I don't know how well chrome vinyl would hold up in the long run. I've seen the paint process for chrome done before on West Coast Customs, and it is actually pretty amazing, though I imagine it is pretty expensive.

Interesting.

Oh, and I still have my Chrome HW Mustang.

They called it the "Boss Hoss Silver Special" and you had to send in proofs of purchase to get one...

Mine is not a Boss Hoss. The Boss Hoss had no hood and an oversized engine. The Mustang Stocker had a hood with a power dome... and a stars and ribbon motif. I still have it somewhere, but in poor shape. It was one of my earliest cars.

Never actually had a Boss Hoss in my collection.

Interesting.

Oh, and I still have my Chrome HW Mustang.

They called it the "Boss Hoss Silver Special" and you had to send in proofs of purchase to get one...

Mine is not a Boss Hoss. The Boss Hoss had no hood and an oversized engine. The Mustang Stocker had a hood with a power dome... and a stars and ribbon motif. I still have it somewhere, but in poor shape. It was one of my earliest cars.

Never actually had a Boss Hoss in my collection.

I've got both of them in chromed form...the Mustang Stocker in chrome was mid- to late- 70s issue, got it as a kid...I found the chrome Boss Hoss about 15 years ago at a flea market in decent shape..

In the mid '90s Hot Wheels did a round of retro redlines incl. the Mustang (w/ opening hood)...I have that one in about 8-10 repro Spectraflame colors.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

What was that polished aluminum showcar that Ford did a few years back?

It belongs in this thread too.

I think that was the Shelby concept thingy..kind of looked like a modern interpretation of the '60s Shelby Daytona coupe race car..