Rage... is it ever justifiable?

I gunned it and followed him, raging. I passed him and cut him off immediately before another red light.

Motorcycle rider was irresponsible, but stationary. 'Blu was irresponsible but in motion with 2700 pounds at his disposal. Unless the motorcycle tires were made from asbestos and angry ferrets, OB was the larger threat of the two parties.

That's your opinion, personally I think an idiot on a bike who is dumb enough to do burnouts at traffic lights with a car directly behind it and having a total disregard for any motorist behind him or potentially next to him is more likely to have the same total disregard for other motorists while driving and that to me is more dangerous in a general sense than ocn speeding up to curse him out and cut him off, not that a Ford Fiesta is THAT big a car as to need alot of room to negotiate something like cutting off someone anyway. So we're to assume you never speed, have never cut someone off, have never sped up to give someone a dirty look, flip someone off or any other act out of rage, anger, momentary lapse of judgement, you are and will always be the perfect law abiding motorist, right? Please. :rolleyes:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Well...I've blasted my horn, flipped people off, and even yelled at them before, but I've never made a vendetta out of it where I feel compelled to chase the person and drive dangerously. Then I'm no better than he is.

I'll blast my horn occasionally, but I wouldn't flip someone off in AZ... there are so many mentally unstable armed people here...(idiotic Wild West mentality).

The biggest issue I see frequently are the drivers that are drifting in and out of lanes while on the phone, texting, sexting, reading email,etc...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

That's your opinion, personally I think an idiot on a bike who is dumb enough to do burnouts at traffic lights with a car directly behind it and having a total disregard for any motorist behind him or potentially next to him is more likely to have the same total disregard for other motorists while driving and that to me is more dangerous in a general sense than ocn speeding up to curse him out and cut him off, not that a Ford Fiesta is THAT big a car as to need alot of room to negotiate something like cutting off someone anyway.

Of course the rider was an idiot. But that does not allow Ocn to act like one, either.

If a motorcyclist does burnouts in city streets to 'impress' chicks, there's a 95% chance he's an inexperienced rider. Ocn's actions could have totally thrown him off, potentially leaving Ocn with a vehicular manslaughter charge. Had the rider instinctively turned his hands in the opposite direction of Ocn's car out of panic, he would have counter-steered right into the Ocn's Fiesta, or another vehicle.

It's called 'being a responsible adult.' That rider will get his, because Karma exists and what goes around comes around.

• Agree 4

I find it amusing that you obviously are the type to tuck your tail between your legs when it comes to real life confrontations, but you try to be witty and belittling on an online forum to appear tough and all the more wiser for avoiding confrontations in real life.

I find it amusing that you fail to realize that hiding behind the anonymity of the internet* is no different than remaining inside a 2700 pound battering ram on wheels during a dispute.

*I'm sorry, I must have missed the invite to the symposium where you all discussed this event face to face. I'll start keeping a closer eye on the inbox.

• Agree 3

I find it amusing that you obviously are the type to tuck your tail between your legs when it comes to real life confrontations, but you try to be witty and belittling on an online forum to appear tough and all the more wiser for avoiding confrontations in real life.

I find it amusing that you fail to realize that hiding behind the anonymity of the internet* is no different than remaining inside a 2700 pound battering ram on wheels during a dispute.

*I'm sorry, I must have missed the invite to the symposium where you all discussed this event face to face. I'll start keeping a closer eye on the inbox.

That witty response took a little longer than I was expecting, you may be slipping a bit.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I have no need to continue to beat a dead horse and reply to you're point once again. You like to avoid real confrontations and make up for it online where you can be as tough as you want without any of the consequences. I however have no problem with real life confrontations, have I had to eat my words in the past? sure, have I had my ass handed to me before in a fight? sure, who hasn't? But the fact is I stand up for myself and if it were my car, then i would stand up for my property. Lastly, and this is my final time saying this, if I caused him to crash by cutting him off, I could careless. Next time buy a car if you can't handle a bike, and if this crash killed him, then it's a lesson learned the hard way.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Oh I've said my piece already, he's entitled to his opinion as am I, only he thinks anyone who doesn't see things the same way as him is dumb and wrong. But then again, I guess his fanboys here on C&G wouldn't have any posts to vote up then.

Edited by Delta Force79
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2