"We had an... interesting day."

Today was my parents' 23rd anniversary so they went out to have a nice day for themselves. Since the HHR has continued to develop more mysterious unhealthy noises, they had been thinking about potential replacements, with a Focus hatchback high on the list. So during their driving about they stopped at a Ford dealer just to look around. The dealer had no Focii in stock and did not know when they would get any more, so my parents test drove a couple others, an Escape and an Edge.

Long story short, they promptly traded the HHR for a black 2012 Ford Escape.

The Ford Escape continues to sell very well in its present state, outselling the pretty, new Equinox. It has the traditional, butch SUV look in a tidy package. No, it is not glam, but it is user-friendly and solid.

Good luck to your units with their new Escape, Scarlet.

Escape is solid. I am actually concerned that the forthcoming new body style will kill sales. Congrats on the Escape......!

Me too. People LOVE these things...I used to sell lots of them, including and especially the Mazda grilled version.

Old style, but refined enough now, proven, solid and an easy sell.

Our neighbors have had an Escape for years, and considering the rate at which they typically buy and sell cars, they are quite happy with it.

I really didn't like anything about the HHR, so the Escape is an improvement in pretty much every way in my eyes. The seats are much more comfortable both in shape and position even though they're cloth. It has much better backseat legroom. Visibility is positively panoramic compared the Hurrr. It seems to have adequate grunt, and is getting better gas mileage than the HHR right off the bat. It's not the most exciting car, but we should be much happier with it.