2011 Cruze Eco with wrap

Why the wrap?

My friend owns the Chevy Dealer (Loren Berg Chevrolet) and I am locally active SO, he is helping to make my payments and I will be putting the car in our local parades. He is also generous in letting me use other vehicles when needed. A few weekends ago I got a Silverado to take my kids and 9 friends to the drive-in, last week I had a Traverse to take my kids and friends all over town as well as to the coast, and this weekend I have a Tahoe to take kids, my own and neighbors, to the local festival.

Most importantly, I am very proud of the what GM has done and how well the men and women of the UAW built the car, and wanted others to know about it.

• Agree 2

The non-ricer's way to ricing.

I wonder if SS stickers are equivalent to Type R stickers and give +17 horsepower?

The dealer perks and assisted payments are a pretty sweet deal, but if it were mine I'd hope that stuff comes off without damaging the paint. Way too tacky to keep once the car was paid off.

How on earth did you fit 9+ people legally into a Silverado?

• Agree 1

Most importantly, I am very proud of the what GM has done and how well the men and women of the UAW built the car, and wanted others to know about it.

That's...obnoxious. It's like a Prius being stickered "I'm saving the planet and you're not". I mean that's a super cool story bro but I don't want to know about it while I'm driving.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

That's...obnoxious. It's like a Prius being stickered "I'm saving the planet and you're not". I mean that's a super cool story bro but I don't want to know about it while I'm driving.

That's a little presumptuous, no? It's similar to what this guy did in Oshawa when the Camaro came out. Not my cup of tea, but I admire his support for his employers.

• Agree 3

Why the wrap?

My friend owns the Chevy Dealer (Loren Berg Chevrolet) and I am locally active SO, he is helping to make my payments and I will be putting the car in our local parades. He is also generous in letting me use other vehicles when needed. A few weekends ago I got a Silverado to take my kids and 9 friends to the drive-in, last week I had a Traverse to take my kids and friends all over town as well as to the coast, and this weekend I have a Tahoe to take kids, my own and neighbors, to the local festival.

Really nice perks!

...but if it were mine I'd hope that stuff comes off without damaging the paint. Way too tacky to keep once the car was paid off.

If the right vinyl is used & applied correctly, it will actually protect the paint very well, and come off very cleanly. I've researched it while considering it as a cheap alternative to a regular paint job (turns out that if you use the "right" vinyl and pay a shop to apply it, you'll spend nearly as much as a basic professional paint job).

Why the wrap?

Well, then that is a good enough reason for me.cool.gif

Besides, I would think the wraps are not going to be on there forever.....

...but if it were mine I'd hope that stuff comes off without damaging the paint. Way too tacky to keep once the car was paid off.

If the right vinyl is used & applied correctly, it will actually protect the paint very well, and come off very cleanly. I've researched it while considering it as a cheap alternative to a regular paint job (turns out that if you use the "right" vinyl and pay a shop to apply it, you'll spend nearly as much as a basic professional paint job).

Ah yes, it's ScotchGuard by 3M I believe. I've seen a BMW 3 series get covered in it...changed it from black to white. Looks just like a professional paint job...of course it was installed by pros.

You're obnoxious.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Am I missing something?? It almost seems like there's some underlying thing going on between OP and one of the admins...

I for one think it's a great idea OP is able to trade all those cost savings by providing free advertising for his friend's business...and that he believes in it enough that there was no arm-twisting involved. A little jealous, actually, because I'd love to drive a Chevy Cruze with 42mpg.

Ah yes, it's ScotchGuard by 3M I believe. I've seen a BMW 3 series get covered in it...changed it from black to white. Looks just like a professional paint job...of course it was installed by pros.

It is the the 3M product, which is like a very good protective coating that will save the paint.

That is the point. It is almost done "tong & cheek" toward those owners. The back even notes that it is NOT a hybrid.

The Cruze is better for the environment than a prius because:

1. It was made in the U.S., thereby not shipped on a boat, which has passed cars in collective pollution.

2. It was made in a zero landfill plant

3. It gets similar amazing gas mileage to the prius without the extra hardware/software

4. It was made without mining additional metals through the tearing down of mountains

5. It was made by a company that allows women in executive positions which also recently won an award for how they treat minority employees

6. It was made by Union Members (a big thing for most progressives on the West Coast now days)

7. It is "Buying Local" which is something many in the Northwest believe is key to saving our environment

8. It was made by a US based company

Besides, I would think the wraps are not going to be on there forever.....

Until the 2013s arrive, assuming they are different.

It is the the 3M product, which is like a very good protective coating that will save the paint.

Friend of mine has ScotchGuard on his 2010 Camaro since new, and I've got it on my headlights. Its good stuff.

Friend of mine has ScotchGuard on his 2010 Camaro since new, and I've got it on my headlights. Its good stuff.

On the headlights? Where does on buy that?

Is it a lease or a purchase?

Dsuupr, I was out of line and I apologize. Enjoy the car.

Thx - No problem.

Leased Dealer will be paying to remove the wrap later and will most likely be turned in at the same time the wrap comes off (or bought and given to my daughter).

Leased Dealer will be paying to remove the wrap later and will most likely be turned in at the same time the wrap comes off (or bought and given to my daughter).

Ah. I was wondering because that could end up being a very mint car at the end of the wrap period..... especially the way you take care of cars. No paint chips at all.

Ah. I was wondering because that could end up being a very mint car at the end of the wrap period..... especially the way you take care of cars. No paint chips at all.

Do keep in mind that the car is two months old and has 6000+ miles already. My cars are babied and sold before they are old enough to have scratches but often have high mileage for their age (generally making them a great deal for the next person).

Do keep in mind that the car is two months old and has 6000+ miles already. My cars are babied and sold before they are old enough to have scratches but often have high mileage for their age (generally making them a great deal for the next person).

Highway miles? Best purchase - a car that seems semi-worn out because of higher miles, but they're almost all highway, which is soooo easy on the car.