Cheers or Jeers: 1931 Duesenberg SJ Liberty Convertible

Cheers or Jeers?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A fair price considering the work that was invested.
    • Jeers! He shouldn't sully the great Duesenberg name with such a cheap knock-off.

Cheers or Jeers: 1931 Duesenberg SJ Liberty Convertible

First some history, In 1913 the Duesenburg brothers Fred and August founded the Duesenburg Automobile & Motors Company in St. Paul MN. They were self taught engineers and built their cars by hand.

Some models included J, SJ, SSJ, J Franway, Clear Vision Sport, Model X, Riviera Phaeton, J LeBaron, J292/2158, just to name a few.

The Purchase of the Duesenburg factory by Erret Lobban Cord in his own words were:

The Culmination of my plans to offer the world an automobile of undisputed rank. In fact, the finest thing on four wheels . Duesenburg cars will be strictly custom built, the owners selecting their own body styles , their own body makes and selecting their own colors. The price will be $18,000, no matter what model from racer to limousine. We will give the buyer 120 - mile - an - hour speed if desired . Naturlly , the production of this type of automoble which carrys a warranty of 15 years, will be limited and we are now taking orders, {Printed in Time Magazine Oct. 18, 1926}

From 1928 - 1937 481 models were produced 384 still exist today.

Famous owners, Tom Mix, Clark Gable, Duke of Windsor, Mae West, Greta Garbo, Howard Hughes,

This is a Hand made all steel body replica of one of the undiscoverd Duesenburgs the SJ. Liberty. Story has it that this car never finished production and body was changed over for a new order.

I run across the blueprints in 2007 , and thought i would bring some history back to life. the car took me 2 1/2 years to build, on and off and just finished up this past spring.

I used a 1987 3/4 ton chevy truck for my donor vehicle, This car has a clear Wisconsin title and is recognized as a 1931 Duesenburg, Replica which is stated on title. Motor is a 305, with a mild Cam. I have about 550 miles on the Duesenburg.

The interior is ready for some finishing touches, but it still placed in the top 10 most all car shows i took it too. there is one small scratch on the passenger rear fender that will buff out and a rock chip on the driver side front fender from underneath, both are not noticeable unless i told you. And tack needs to be hooked up. It drives and rides like a new car.

This car is over the top and has a lot of history, if your looking for something special this is it, there is no other like it in the world

Terms and conditions

I have a custom enclosed trailer for hauling the Duesenburg so would prefer to deliver. I will deliver free within a 300 mile radius of Elk Mound Wi.

payment to be made within 15 days at end of auction if possible any way that works the best for buyer. I also prefer direct contact with buyer so my phone is 715-559-9453. or feel free to email, or text message Bill

I also have the inspection certificates from the Wi. Dept. of Transportation 

I have over 100 pictures of the building process , and buyer may have a copy on request.

$%28KGrHqZHJCME63%285Fc2GBO0pK%21Yiu%21%7E%7E60_4.JPG

$%28KGrHqRHJDIE7Bcvhfy8BO0pKzz8Fw%7E%7E60_4.JPG