California car pics

BigPontiac

I went to Northern California to visit family for Christmas. Stopped by a consignment shop and snapped some pics to share.

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

This one said "7ft bed, 454, $800"

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

This Gran Torino sold while I was walking around.

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

I *really* wanted this F-100!!

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

I also liked this one.

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

Note price tag below!

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

Edited by BigPontiac

*sighs*

I need to stop looking at dealerships and craigslist, etc. I keep finding cars I want to bring home...LOL.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The children want to know why we hung the mistletoe" __ Ronnie Milsap __ 'It's Christmas'

There is at least one benefit from living in California...

I miss seeing car lots like this - used to be plenty around here once upon a time.

I saw an interesting car for you at my hotel -- an early 60's Ford "Falcon-chero". Black primer, CA black plate, being used as a daily driver. I'm assuming it was a phantom, but looked good. Was gone when I came back to get a picture of it.

Interesting... I don't recall ever seeing a '67 Chevy B-bod with 6 red taillight segments and the whites in the bumper. Must be a Caprice thing... just like I didn't recall the two-segment Biscayne ones. I guess the Impala red-white-reds outnumbered the others during this one-year taillight permutation.

I miss seeing car lots like this - used to be plenty around here once upon a time.

I saw an interesting car for you at my hotel -- an early 60's Ford "Falcon-chero". Black primer, CA black plate, being used as a daily driver. I'm assuming it was a phantom, but looked good. Was gone when I came back to get a picture of it.

Not a phantom - the Falcon Ranchero was in regular production through 1964/65 (when the bodystyle changed). It then moved to the midsize platform, where it stayed until the end of production (1979?).

EDIT: In fact, you can see one in the James Bond movie Goldfinger.

Edited by Camino LS6

Not a phantom - the Falcon Ranchero was in regular production through 1964/65 (when the bodystyle changed). It then moved to the midsize platform, where it stayed until the end of production (1979?).

EDIT: In fact, you can see one in the James Bond movie Goldfinger.

Guess that explains why it looked so well executed :) I was disappointed I didn't get to study it more.

Interesting... I don't recall ever seeing a '67 Chevy B-bod with 6 red taillight segments and the whites in the bumper. Must be a Caprice thing... just like I didn't recall the two-segment Biscayne ones. I guess the Impala red-white-reds outnumbered the others during this one-year taillight permutation.

Yep the Chevrolet FS sold about 1 million that year and Imps & Belairs had the same lights. Caprice was still ramping up from 65 intro so they're harder to come by

Yep the Chevrolet FS sold about 1 million that year and Imps & Belairs had the same lights. Caprice was still ramping up from 65 intro so they're harder to come by

I think the price on the Caprice was $10K.

I think the price on the Caprice was $10K.

Thats kinda insane for a sedan. It had better be brand new in all aspects.

Lots of interesting cars...but $66k for a Chevelle w/ no front bumper and aftermarket wheels???

I should have copied down the VIN on the Chevelle so I could decode it later...pricing on it seemed pretty crazy to me.

That's cheap if it is an LS6 car...

In reviewing the full size images, the badge looks to say "SS 454" and it did have cowl induction. Had a dent in the passenger side door too...

I'd so take that late '70s Cheyenne-10 in a heartbeat for $800.

Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the country for that deal :(

Believe it was a labeled a '78. Was interesting it had rust in the cab, but the fenders/bed looked OK.