In with February, out with...

...my ride. After so many new vehicles in so few years, as of this morning I no longer own any vehicle. Soon enough by paper too, once Chase is paid off.

Since moving to Philly and working with Acura, I've been demo driving for several months and parked the Mazda. Already miss it, but a payment when it's never used and a free new car is part of my pay didn't make sense...so away the CX-9 went to a new home in the suburbs, to a couple who specifically (and luckily for me, as it was tough) wanted FWD and nothing to do with AWD, trading a 1999 Sienna.

Weird. First time since 2006 I've been car-owning-less :huh:

My demo 2011 Acura TSX Tech will continue to do for a while, followed by another once I cross 5k miles in a bit. Thoroughly enjoyable smaller sedan, with the best tech and nav anywhere in the biz.

What's next is anyone's guess...that GM Card bonus $2k is still laying on the counter. I pondered a cheap lease for something to put my special DE tag on, but since testing a Camaro convertible recently, I clearly have no idea what. No rush.

I'm being pressured into taking a company car, too. I just don't really want to because I love driving my Patriot. I guess I'll keep it in the garage during the week, drive the company car, and then drive my own vehicle evenings and weekends.

I'm being pressured into taking a company car, too. I just don't really want to because I love driving my Patriot. I guess I'll keep it in the garage during the week, drive the company car, and then drive my own vehicle evenings and weekends.

That was my plan, but in Philly I don't have extra indoor parking to use, and ultimately for me, why have any car payment, insurance, etc. when it just isn't necessary. Grab a new Acura, usually a TSX, drive it carefully for 5000 miles then turn it back in, sell them as new demos with an extended warranty, and onto the next. Car paid, insurance paid, I only contribute fuel and cleaning.

Once I got the demo, I had no place to keep the Mazda so it moved to our used car lot. Moving again shortly too, and not sure of parking to come.

What kind of company cars, ocn?

Think of all the money you'll save. Just start dumping it into a "next car" savings account.

Very true. Next up is moving, which I hopefully took care of mostly today with a realtor, to a lower priced and half sized rental. I'm never home, so why pay so much on a huge place I'm rarely in.

More than a next something fun fund, paying down other debt is goal #1.

I chose a black on black 2011 Impala LT.

Not bad. Comfy and efficient, and black.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my TSX...never a car I thought I would so much, but aside from making one of my friend's car sick (smaller car, stiffer ride), it's quick, extremely comfortable, efficient, quality and the tech/features and look are great. Definitely not a drab Honda, by any means.

Edited by caddycruiser

HA! I didn't see this thread before I replied to your other one, Caddy. Woops.

*bites tongue*

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

* post-surgeryPARTY = 5:30p-10:30p, SAT, 02/11/12 | Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Without you, I'm not me" __ Colin Raye __ 'Little Rock'

HA! I didn't see this thread before I replied to your other one, Caddy. Woops.

*bites tongue*

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

* post-surgeryPARTY = 5:30p-10:30p, SAT, 02/11/12 | Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Without you, I'm not me" __ Colin Raye __ 'Little Rock'

A nice car is still a nice car, even if I don't own it anymore;-)

Strange. Miss it, but it was so long since I'd driven it, I couldn't remember how to use half the buttons when setting it up for new family.

Zoom. Still enjoying my Acura.

Well shoot, when we get Impalas, they sell quick. I had to turn it in already because somebody bought it. Now I'm driving a 2010 Datsun Sentra in blue.

So why all of the sudden your employer gives you a demo? You didn't give us the back story on this change. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Interesting turn...

Roger, no room and no time for any toy at this time. Being able to wash my car (well, in another turn, I now just pay to have that done...thinking back to the days when I'd spend a Sunday detailing...) is enough.

A week past, I hadn't driven my car for months anyway, so not much has changed. New family seems to be enjoying it. Waiting to see about my move, and if so it will be one spot and no more garage.

I sold my demo once...then the customer changed their mind and that 3k miles and discount bothered them. Got them the same car with 50 miles, and back to driving it I went. I'd buy it, just glad I don't have to make the payment.

Impala...then Sentra...well, similar in some ways...kind of...ocn...