Sign in to follow this  
dfelt

Barn Finds

So my dad sent me an email that I loved but found it hard to swallow that someone would sell off a sealed barn full of auto's for pennies and not look to see what was in it first.

Yet here is an amazing barn find.

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/

Here is the research done to get a better grab on the story, but I have to say I would love some of these old cars.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/columns-blogs/news/2709-portuguese-barn-find-fact-or-fiction

What is your Favorite? This sealed Barn has 180 cars in it.

I was in a neat ex-cattle barn Tuesday night, it housed a late model Corvette, a real solid '56 Buick Century coupe, a '54 Packard Super Clipper coupe, a '59 Olds Delta 88 4-dr flattop, a pair of '30-31 Ford coupes, (2) '62 Tempest LeMans. The '54, '56, '59, and the '30s have been there for decades (which the dust coating confirms), the owner stores them there and pays his rental fee quarterly, without fail. They are reportedly not for sale. The one '30 was last on the road in 1975.

The Super Clipper was really tugging my coat sleeve hard.

I was in a neat ex-cattle barn Tuesday night, it housed a late model Corvette, a real solid '56 Buick Century coupe, a '54 Packard Super Clipper coupe, a '59 Olds Delta 88 4-dr flattop, a pair of '30-31 Ford coupes, (2) '62 Tempest LeMans. The '54, '56, '59, and the '30s have been there for decades (which the dust coating confirms), the owner stores them there and pays his rental fee quarterly, without fail. They are reportedly not for sale. The one '30 was last on the road in 1975.

The Super Clipper was really tugging my coat sleeve hard.

Question is, would he even know they were gone?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      William Maley
      Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com
      June 28, 2012
      The average age of a vehicle in the U.S. has hit a record high. According to Experian Automotive, the average age of the 245 million vehicles registered in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2012 was 11 years. That's an increase of just over 2 months when compared to last year.
      Experian Automotive goes onto say that more than 52 million cars and trucks in the U.S. are 16 years or older.
      Experian Automotive's analysis also found that Ford has the most models on the road compared to any other automaker. That really shouldn't come as a surprise since the Ford F-150 has been the best-selling vehicle in the U.S. for 30 straight years. The top four automakers with the oldest models on the road include;
      Ford: 17.2%
      Chevrolet: 15.8%
      Honda: 10.4%
      Toyota: 7.3%

The four most popular models are;
      Ford F-150: 3.4%
      Honda Accord: 2.6%
      Toyota Camry: 2.6%
      Chevrolet Sliverado: 2.0%

Why are there more old vehicles on the road? For one, the recession and sluggish recovery has caused people put off buying or trading-in for a new or used car. Also, vehicles are just better built. During the 90's, improvement in quality picked up serious momentum.
      Source: CNBC
      William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster

View full article
    • By dfelt
      CARS YOU MAY HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE,
      some from the 20’s and the 30’s …
      Auto Makers need to pull from the past for style design in the 21st century!

1921 Farman A6B Sport Torpedo

1922 Marmon 34BSpeedster

1929 DuPont Model Speedster

1930 Isotta-Fraschini 87A SS Torpedo Sport

1930 Ruxton Model C Raunch and Lang Roadster

1931 DuPont Model H Merrimac Sport Phaeton

1932 REO Royale Convertible Coupe

1933 Hispano Siuza J12 Deletren Freres Cabriolet

1936 Delahaye 135 Competition Court Figoni et Falaschi Coupe

1936 Delahaye 135 Figoni etFalaschi Torpedo Cabriolet

1937 Delahaye 135 Figoni etFalaschi Torpedo Cabriolet

1938 Horch 853A Erdmann &Rossi Sport Cabriolet

1939 BMW 328

1939 Delage D8 120S Letourneur Et Marchand Aero sport Coupe

1939 Delahaye 165 Figoni et FalaschiCabriolet

1947Rolls-Royce Phantom III Labourdette VutotalCabriolet

1947 Talbot-Lago T26 Figoni etFalaschi Cabriolet AND maybe a FERRARI GTO in the background

1948 Delahaye 135 M Figoni et FalaschiCabriolet

1949 Delahaye 175 S SaoutchikRoadster

1949 Lancia Aprilia Pinin FarinaCabriolet

1953 Allard K3 Roadster AND A DELOREAN IN THE BACKGROUND

1953 Siata 208S Bertone Spyder

1954 Chrysler Ghia Special G1

1964 Bizzarrini 5300 Corsa

1966 Finch Phoenix

1947 Morgan F Super 3 Wheel Roadster

1925 Rolls Royce Phantom I Aerodynamic Coupe

1925 Rolls Royce Phantom I Aerodynamic Coupe, rearview

1938 Phantom Corsair

1953 Alfa Romeo BAT 5 Concept Car

1937 Delahaye135MS Figoni et Falashi Roadster

1951 Bugatti Type 101 Ghia Roadster

1953 Chrysler GS-1 Ghia Coupe

1954 Buick Wildcat II

1954 Siata 208S Vignale Coupe

1934 Voisin C15 Saloit Roadster

• By William Maley
      William Maley
      Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com
      June 28, 2012
      The average age of a vehicle in the U.S. has hit a record high. According to Experian Automotive, the average age of the 245 million vehicles registered in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2012 was 11 years. That's an increase of just over 2 months when compared to last year.
      Experian Automotive goes onto say that more than 52 million cars and trucks in the U.S. are 16 years or older.
      Experian Automotive's analysis also found that Ford has the most models on the road compared to any other automaker. That really shouldn't come as a surprise since the Ford F-150 has been the best-selling vehicle in the U.S. for 30 straight years. The top four automakers with the oldest models on the road include;
      Ford: 17.2%
      Chevrolet: 15.8%
      Honda: 10.4%
      Toyota: 7.3%

The four most popular models are;
      Ford F-150: 3.4%
      Honda Accord: 2.6%
      Toyota Camry: 2.6%
      Chevrolet Sliverado: 2.0%

Why are there more old vehicles on the road? For one, the recession and sluggish recovery has caused people put off buying or trading-in for a new or used car. Also, vehicles are just better built. During the 90's, improvement in quality picked up serious momentum.
      Source: CNBC
      William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster
  • My Clubs