--(F67) Axle, 2.70 ratio

--Exterior color (18U) Silver Alloy Metallic

--Exterior color (42U) Stone Gray Metallic

--Exterior color (64U) Fever Red Metallic

New Features

--Exterior color (44U) Granite Gray Metallic

--Exterior color (66U) Sonoma Red Metallic

--Exterior color (67U) Liquid Silver Metallic

--(US9) Audio system, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback,

--(UUC) Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player, MP3 playback and DVD entertainment system

--(U3U) Audio system with navigation, AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player

--(AK5) Dual-stage frontal driver and right front passenger air bags now include Passenger Sensing System

--(ASF) Head cutain side-impact air bags now include rollover sensor

--Driver Information Center, electronic, located in instrument panel cluster, includes over 20 personalization and vehicle information features including trip odometer, fuel range and outside temperature display

--Stabilitrak, vehicle stability enhancement system

--Tire Pressure Monitoring System

--(N77) 4 - 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) chrome-plated aluminum wheels

--(PA2) 4 - 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm), chrome-cladded aluminum wheels

--(AP3) Remote vehicle starter system (Included and only available with [PCM] Preferred Package)

--(AP8) Remote vehicle starter system extended range enabler

--(DD7) Mirror, inside rearview, auto dimming, includes compass (included and only available with [PCM] Preferred Package or [PDF] Security Package)

--(FR4) 2.48 rear axle ratio

--PASS-Key III theft-deterrent alarm system

Changes

--Brakes are now front and rear disc (were front disc/rear drum in 2006)

--New content within (PCM) Preferred Package. Package now includes (AP9) full-across rear cargo net, (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system, (K34) cruise control, (B58) carpeted front and rear floor mats, (DD7) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with compass, (AG1) 6-way power driver seat adjuster, (IPC) Uplevel Cloth seat trim, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (AJ1) deep-tinted glass and rear seat armrest with 2 cup holders

--New content within (PDE) Sun and Sound Package. Package includes (CF5) power sunroof, (US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback and (U65) Pioneer premium 7-speaker sound

--New content within (PDF) Security Package. Package now includes (ASF) head curtain side-impact air bags, (DD7) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with compass, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel and (UE1) OnStar

--(U65) Audio system feature, Pioneer premium 7-speaker system with amplifier and subwoofer is now available as a free flow and is included with (PDE) Sun and Sound Package

--(V1K) Luggage rack center rails, roof-mounted, Black are now available (was included and only available with [PCM] Preferred Package in 2006)

--New radio faceplates

--New center console and instrument panel appearance

--New combination roof antennas replaces single fixed fender antenna

Don't tell anybody, but I'm a closet Torrent fan.

I know, I know, it's the opposite of The New GM, and I know it's a pile of junk. I drove one at ASIM and the "sport-tuned suspension" (which Pontiac advertises as "something the imports don't offer", even though it's identical to the Equinox's) was wallowy, the steering was rubbery, the seats were flimsy, and the build-quality was horrid. But I really like the look of it. I really like the Pontiac-specific details -- the grey-painted center stack, the HVAC controls, the gauges, the two-tone black/cashmere scheme, the three-spoke wheel, muah. Rare for modern GM, all the shapes and everything look correct, not over-molded or cheesy.

Maybe my expectations for a badge-engineered Equinox were low, but I'm very impressed by the Torrent's aesthetics, maybe because it fixed every one of the 'Nox's interior design problems.

Stabilitrak and sat nav only make it more appealing.

Don't tell anybody, but I'm a closet Torrent fan.

I know, I know, it's the opposite of The New GM, and I know it's a pile of junk. I drove one at ASIM and the "sport-tuned suspension" (which Pontiac advertises as "something the imports don't offer", even though it's identical to the Equinox's) was wallowy, the steering was rubbery, the seats were flimsy, and the build-quality was horrid. But I really like the look of it. I really like the Pontiac-specific details -- the grey-painted center stack, the HVAC controls, the gauges, the two-tone black/cashmere scheme, the three-spoke wheel, muah. Rare for modern GM, all the shapes and everything look correct, not over-molded or cheesy.

Maybe my expectations for a badge-engineered Equinox were low, but I'm very impressed by the Torrent's aesthetics, maybe because it fixed every one of the 'Nox's interior design problems.

Stabilitrak and sat nav only make it more appealing.

I agree, strangely, BUT it's the "...was wallowy, the steering was rubbery, the seats were flimsy, and the build-quality was horrid..." that would scare me out of ever, god help it, owning one.

I agree, strangely, BUT it's the "...was wallowy, the steering was rubbery, the seats were flimsy, and the build-quality was horrid..." that would scare me out of ever, god help it, owning one.

It's odd. A lot of the GM cars that are appealing have crap quality, while the ones you cannot destroy, like the LaCrosse, are so forgettable.

It's odd. A lot of the GM cars that are appealing have crap quality, while the ones you cannot destroy, like the LaCrosse, are so forgettable.

That is SO disappointing.

Changes

Darn; here's what I was hoping for in this section:

--No longer a Chevy Equinox in drag

Oh well. Admitedly, there are some good changes in there...

The remote start option, the driver's information center, and the US9 6-disc CD/MP3 radio have made this vehicle more appealing to me too. The wife and I looked one over at the Philly Auto Show and we agreed that we liked it a little more than the VUE (especially with the rear seat legroom). I may try to hold over the urge to purge the Malibu until the 2007's start coming out. And yes, I too like the Torrent much more than the Equinox :P