Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2015 Cruze looks like Sonic's big bro!

ocnblu

Funny... I see no resemblance between the 2014 Impala face and the 2015 Cruze face... the new Cruze looks much more like the Sonic in the front end, which has me scratching my head...

I thought the Impala and Traverse were going to be the "new face of Chevrolet" going forward. I thought the Chevy Trax wasn't coming to the US because it wears Chevrolet's "old" face... yet this new Cruze has the split grille and swept-back headlights with clear round elements, a la Sonic. I thought the new Cruze was supposed to resemble the '14 Impala, I was ready for that, I was excited to hear it... but...

Something fishy going on.

Well I am looking at a prominent center bar with a lump in it for a bowtie. The raised hood with laid down fenders, and the round element headlights... all are more pronounced features of the current Sonic... not that there is anything wrong with the Sonic, it's just that all indications were that Chevy was moving on.

Untill the Camo comes off I would not get too excited. The Camo has made fools of many once it came off.

I was suprised the 14 Cruze did not change much, But on the other hand the Mark Ruess has stated what I suspected on the Bu. It was pretty much done before the Chapter 11 it then was shelved and delayed till later and then once it was put back in motion it was already dated. He said when it was going to market they already knew they needed to start on a refresh as the Impala was done completly after the Chapter 11 and got all the new stuff. The story is in the coming Motor Trend.

The Cruze will be fine as it is a good car and will only be inproved here. If they can remove some weight it and maintain cost it will do well.

Cruze and sonic with one look; Malibu and Impala with another? It would be odd as it would mean that there would be no single visual identity in the Chevrolet brand, but who knows?...

Would not be the first time Chevy had dual Identities, but I think the cameo is truly covering the new look.

Untill the Camo comes off I would not get too excited. The Camo has made fools of many once it came off.

I was suprised the 14 Cruze did not change much, But on the other hand the Mark Ruess has stated what I suspected on the Bu. It was pretty much done before the Chapter 11 it then was shelved and delayed till later and then once it was put back in motion it was already dated. He said when it was going to market they already knew they needed to start on a refresh as the Impala was done completly after the Chapter 11 and got all the new stuff. The story is in the coming Motor Trend.

The Cruze will be fine as it is a good car and will only be inproved here. If they can remove some weight it and maintain cost it will do well.

but this car is radically different body, and quite honestly even though the camo is on it, it sort of looks like a turd. Current cruze is a sexy car. Maybe this will be Beretta II, the gun control chevy.

but this car is radically different body, and quite honestly even though the camo is on it, it sort of looks like a turd. Current cruze is a sexy car. Maybe this will be Beretta II, the gun control chevy.

Comment on cars that are in total camo are often misguided and often not creditable.

Let them uncover the car and if you hate it then you will have a creditable comment but till then.

Too many make foolish statements and then look the fool later when the wraps come off.

With a car like this the sales tell the tale more than anything. If they sell like the present one they did what was right if sales drop then they made a mistake. The publics reception is what counts and if they love it more power to them and the profits they reap.

Designing a car gets more and more difficult the smaller it gets. Also dealing with the factors like the hood to engine clearance rules and weight reduction make more and more limitations on what we already have. Many people comment positive and negative on the many creases and lines on todays cars but they often are a tool they employ to help make thin metal stiffer and more able to take a hit with out folding. There are few small cars that look good and most look down right silly. As long as GM can make this car appealing to the people who it is intended for and continue to grow sales then fine.

To be honest the Verano is a very good car but even it is limited in the looks department. If it was a larger car with more sheet metal to work with it would be so much more pleasing. But I will give Buick or Opel credit for doing the best they had to work with.

I may hate this car too but I will save my hate till I know exactly what I am hating.

For what it is worth the Cruze is not offensive but it is far from what most would call Sexy. I really do not think you will find many Cruze posters on bedroom walls.

Edited by hyperv6