APRIL 2013 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here we are, another month over. Spring is finally showing some muscle against Old Man Winter. It might be time to get out there and spot some cool or unusual vehicular conveyances. So... have at it, here in this thread!

1956 Dodge Custom Royal sedan in tri-tone: coral, black and white. I love this combo. For years, the car has been sitting in the lot of some auto repair place along Hwy 59 in northern Illinois. I stopped to look at it once and got a really bad vibe from the dude who came out to the chain-link fence to see what I wanted. Asked about the Dodge and he just stared at me. OOOOH-KAAYY, I'll be moving along now.

Saw it again yesterday as we were passing through.

The car looks solid enough, though the paint is certainly fading.

White Panamera limo out front of Ali Baba limo's here in Manayunk.

Too cool, and parked out front a lot recently. Why not.

IMG_0331_zpsf7d4e987.jpg

IMG_8650_zps615a7a5c.jpg

Notice the double decker high top H2 limo behind it, that also has a pool in the back. These cars are insanity.

White Panamera limo out front of Ali Baba limo's here in Manayunk.

Too cool, and parked out front a lot recently. Why not.

IMG_0331_zpsf7d4e987.jpg

IMG_8650_zps615a7a5c.jpg

Notice the double decker high top H2 limo behind it, that also has a pool in the back. These cars are insanity.

Both of these just look wrong. A bad scifi experiment.

Saw the first sections of the 56 foot diameter Bore Worm that will build our new overpriced tunnel below Seattle. It arrived last weekend on a massive ship and is being unloaded to be assembled now. Very cool project for Big Iron.

I wonder what's under the Panamera...seems implausible to stretch a unibody that way..

Given that most vehicles now are unibody, except for the scant few Escalades and such used, works the same as otherwise. Just more bracing, etc. and all together as one section instead of two.

Still defies logic, but interesting.

I have got to imagen they have gone back to a body on frame as Unibody cannot handle a stretch like that even if place steel rods in the unibody version of the frame areas. i see this has what looks like sag in the middle, it still is not that strong looking. Crazy waste of a good car.

I have got to imagen they have gone back to a body on frame as Unibody cannot handle a stretch like that even if place steel rods in the unibody version of the frame areas. i see this has what looks like sag in the middle, it still is not that strong looking. Crazy waste of a good car.

Their F-650 Ford super duper duty limo high top is another crazy:

FordF650-1.jpg

And more:

http://www.alibabalimo.com/

The only one I see frequently out & about is the Porsche Cayenne. They just got the Panamera and its a 2013. Also the older red Ferrari I used to see, but it's been tucked away for a while.

Anyone want to gather up $1500 and go for a ride? :gitfunky:

Out driving this afternoon, a newly arrived Ashen Gray 2014 Impala 2LT. These look best in person on real surfaces, and are huge. Back seat included.

Now if only the Malibu had received even a portion of the attention this car did.

IMG_6499_zps9b8010dc.jpg

IMG_3132_zpsa2bb3647.jpg

IMG_6591_zps6382cdc6.jpg

IMG_7809_zps00577b49.jpg

IMG_0941_zps0bbabcc9.jpg

Cool car.

• Agree 1

Yup, it does look like wood trim.

Definitely wood trim, but thinly placed. Not like the Malibu where fake wood even makes up half of the steering wheel base on some models.

Nicely trimmed, nicely upholstered and looks rich.

There's a '66 Chrysler 300 4-door hardtop that resides down the street from us. I think it was "inherited" by this dude in his 20s. It was a nice looking car when I first saw it, about a year ago. Last night, I was in the front yard and I heard this terrible knocking sound coming up the street--sounding for all the world like a diesel that had just been cold-started at -15 degrees F. I turned to see the 300 limping its way up the street. As the "minimum" engine on that year's 300 was a high compression 383 w/ 4V carb, I'm sure the car was protesting violently against its diet of no-lead, low-octane gasoline. I swear, the pistons in that thing are gonna grenade any day now. You would not believe the clatter it's making.

Oh yeah, and the car is looking like hell now, too. big dents, wheelcovers missing, fading paint...what a shame. Thanks grandma, for dying and leaving me this old car. I really wanted a Honda Civic because that's what all the cool people drive.

Edited by NeonLX

Late model Fiero fastback, painted dark green metallic, with a nearly flush wing spoiler and widened rear quarter panels over wide rear wheels. It was in beautiful condition, and I could hear the 60-degree GM V6 burbling away.

Final 500 2002 Olds Intrigue, in the unique Dark Cherry color with chrome Aurora wheels and badging. SPOTLESS, cruising along at slower speed. Great looking sedan, and even more so when a properly maintained limited edition model. Have not seen one of these for many, many years.

'70 Dart 2-dr hardtop, white with 1 green door & notable cancer. Must've been the original owner, because the plate design it was wearing was last issued in 1979.

42 years in a Dodge Dart... :wacko:

Buddy bought a '68 Impala convertible, red, black top & interior, I-6/PowerGlide, bench seat. Plan is for a big block/TH400, and blow it out.

At the local Taco Time, they had a Hot Rod preview of an up coming show on friday. Most of the cars were 57 & 58 Chevy's in various stages from just starting to restore to completed and beautiful. There was one freaking hot looking Corvair. Wish I had my camera, going to try and get back on friday with the camera to check out the rides. :)

Travelling to work yesterday morning I passed a late model Honda Civic coupe, dark blue in color with pink, yes pink, trim, rims, and eye lashes :o It was driven by a young female. It looked similar to this:

merc-pink-eyelashes-01.jpg

On the way home from work yesterday a '65 Cadillac Sedan Deville on a flatbed wrecker, looking completely restored with a white top and a medium blue lower paint scheme.

Went car lot "window" shopping yesterday, wife was curious what Ford Fiestas were stocked in at the local Ford dealer. Dodge/Ram/Chrysler/Jeep & Chevy dealer are next door, so took a stroll through those lots too. Wife really likes the Bordeaux Red color offered on the new Fusion sedan, and likes the car to boot.

I wanted to look at some Suburbans and walked away with sticker shock :yikes: The LS 2WD model was priced in the mid-$40s... most of the others were LTs (low-$50s) or LTZs (high-$50s/low-$60s). Same with the Tahoes, mid-to-high $50s. Surprisingly the Avalanches were more affordable... a base LS 4WD was $42k and several LT 4WDs were $46k (there were several LTZs in the low-to-mid $50s though). I walked away really liking the silver LS 4WD model, and checking the website later at home the Blue Topaz LT would be about $3k more (not too harsh).

They had a new 2014 Impala LTZ in Silver Ice there. Got to say seeing the car out in the real world is much better than seeing it inside a car show. I was very impressed with the look of the LTZ and it alomost got me rethinking my decision for a truck. Visited another local Chevy dealer and their Ash Gray Impala LTZ was unlocked. Was very impressed with the gadgets and gizmos... I'm diggin' the new Impala for sure :smilewide:

Pictures:

post-418-0-68157300-1366658149_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-92824800-1366658252_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-63395900-1366658248_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-29382000-1366658164_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-45222300-1366658154_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-39478800-1366658159_thumb.jpg

It is a long way from the $25K I spent on my fully loaded LTE Suburban in 93. Amazing part is that Chevy is just as expensive as GMC and I would rather have an AWD compared to the Chevy 4x4.

Saw a dark blue McLaren MP4-12C yesterday and a dark blue Acura RLX--first one of those I'd seen, didn't realize it was on sale yet. Also drove past a McLaren dealer (Newport Beach, CA), first one of those I'd seen.

It is a long way from the $25K I spent on my fully loaded LTE Suburban in 93. Amazing part is that Chevy is just as expensive as GMC and I would rather have an AWD compared to the Chevy 4x4.

Or that the Denali version of a Yukon is only a few dollars more than a loaded SLT Yukon, but offers considerably more. Pricing has gone way up on these over the years.