Latest Little Trucklet

No, not for me.

Dad has ANOTHER. Given that he sold the '93 Fleetwood to my younger brother, who still lives with them, dad is up to 4 cars himself. Both the '96 and '00 Subaru's and the '68 Coronet project. The Subaru's are both questionable now with overheating and tempormental issues, the '96 of which he spent a nice amount on at an "import mechanic" to do head gaskets and it was never right again after, still issues. That one is for sale, and the also tempormental 2000 remains.

So he bought a 4th. Why not. Just keep adding. Found a '94 S-10 with the 2.2L and automatic, bed cover and all. Clean history and extremely well kept. I don't know much about the 2.2L but he claims its strong. Already fixed the issue of the last owner putting loud dual exhaust out the back, with a simplified and quieter setup.

I visited this weekend and snapped 2 pics. Seems solid and let's hope the Subie's sell quick (he has one listed too cheaply, I think) to make parking space room again.

IMG_0342_zps4e371a9b.jpg

IMG_4736_zps362b1965.jpg

Anyone want a Subie?

I thought the Subie sold already... or was that another one?

I sold the '96 I had bought.

He has a different '96 L wagon in white with over 200k, and a red 2000 L wagon stick. White one for sale as of now, and the 2000 should go too.

• 3 months later...

That is a pretty nice looking little S-10. If that is anything like the Ford Ranger 2.3L that thing will run forever and a half. My dad had a ranger for years and it just kept going and going. The only thing I don't like is the automatic transmission. I'm always afraid of an automatic transmission failing, that is why my mom's F-150 is sitting in my driveway.

That is a pretty nice looking little S-10. If that is anything like the Ford Ranger 2.3L that thing will run forever and a half. My dad had a ranger for years and it just kept going and going. The only thing I don't like is the automatic transmission. I'm always afraid of an automatic transmission failing, that is why my mom's F-150 is sitting in my driveway.

You don't want anything to do with a 2.2 liter equipped S10 paired up with a five-speed manual transmission. It can't haul much of anything, and it's like driving a steam shovel up the grade of Mount Everest regardless if you're on level highway.

I honestly have no idea what he does with this truck...it does look very nice and very well kept, but I think he drives it once a week if that.

Time to update signature. The 1996 Subaru is out of commission thanks to warpage/head gaskets. The 2000 Legacy was totaled when a water delivery guy backed over it in the driveway with an Econoline. And the latest is some sort of old 80's Toyota Corolla station wagon...completely random.

I honestly have no idea what he does with this truck...it does look very nice and very well kept, but I think he drives it once a week if that.

Time to update signature. The 1996 Subaru is out of commission thanks to warpage/head gaskets. The 2000 Legacy was totaled when a water delivery guy backed over it in the driveway with an Econoline. And the latest is some sort of old 80's Toyota Corolla station wagon...completely random.

It's time to update your signature because it doesn't even have the Riggle Grande' Sport in it!

How does a driver not see a car in the drive way? Never understood people like that.

My parents have water cooler bottled water delivered every few weeks. He pulls in the driveway in a Econoline cargo van, picks up empties, drops new off and backs back out the driveway.

At the same time he was backing up & out to the street a bit too quickly from behind the house (cargo van, no windows doesn't help), dad had just turned in the driveway with the 5-speed 2000 Legacy wagon. He saw the van coming but the van was backing too fast for him to get switched into reverse and back out...crunch. The van rode over the front bumper, radiator, etc. area and pushed the hood back. Interesting phone call. "Your dad was in an accident...in the driveway".

Signature updates...yes...way way behind...

Thanks Caddy Cruise, that makes sense now with the story, backing up, coming in and boom someone looses. Sucks getting a call like that glad he is OK and still driving. :)