Daewoo SX2

Daewoo is only sold as a Daewoo in Korea, it is sold as Chevy elsewhere.

The issue is this shouldn't be a Daewoo! Opel is sold almost in every asian country including the middle east and north africa.

If this made it as a Chevrolet that mean there will be two versions of the same car wherever Chevy and Opel are sold!

The issue is this shouldn't be a Daewoo! Opel is sold almost in every asian country including the middle east and north africa.

If this made it as a Chevrolet that mean there will be two versions of the same car wherever Chevy and Opel are sold!

I don't think it's an issue. GM wants sales, and they feel more sales will result from this being a Daewoo versus a Chevrolet or Opel. In Asian countries, there is a lot of national pride, hence the Daewoo badge makes it more appealing.

This won't be sold as a Chevrolet in Opel countries.

Opels are sold in China, India, Singapore and Taiwan, and Daewoo is only sold in Korea, I think. No overlap.

• 2 months later...

Opels are sold in China, India, Singapore and Taiwan, and Daewoo is only sold in Korea, I think. No overlap.

131458[/snapback]

Hello!

It is a way to sell more cars without diluting the NA market. Makes perfect sense and they need to use this lind of logic more often. Plus Daewoo is over due for something nice to come into them rather then them just shipping everything out.

Can't anyone understand the positive implications of having a domestic manufacturer shipping North American made product OFF its shores?

I don't care if it's just a toaster, it's a move that opens economic doors for healthy profits...that is, if the overall expenditures don't eat them up first...sheesh.

I heard about this little stinker.

I figured it would be redesigned, but this does look good.

I'm frankly rather speechless as opposed to normal.

Is that a collective sigh of relief I hear?

Hello!

It is a way to sell more cars without diluting the NA market. Makes perfect sense and they need to use this lind of logic more often. Plus Daewoo is over due for something nice to come into them rather then them just shipping everything out.

168542[/snapback]

Hello to you too! Nice to meet you.

I wrote 'no overlap'. No overlap = good.

Cool... every Kappa they sell weather here or in Madrid or Singapore

and weather with a POntiac, Saturn or Daewoo badge is anohter

Kappa that helps make these cars profitable which means that even

more money will be invested into the next gen. Kappas, and the cycle

continues and everyone's happy.