did it again

Today I went and factory ordered a pickup truck.  :smilewide:

2015 Chevy Colorado LT extended cab 4X4

Cyber Gray/Jet Black cloth interior

3.6L V6

Convenience Package (remote start, rear defogger, EZ-lift tailgate, foglamps)

G80 Locker

Trailering package (a forced bundle with the G80 rear end)

$32,520 MSRP.

Salesdude says he will email me an order number as soon as he gets it, so I can track its progress through GM's system.  I'll post updates along the way, in case anyone's interested. 

Edited by ocnblu

Very Cool, Looking forward to hearing all about it and the tracking of the build.

I understand the cost of the TDI being an issue.

Best of luck with the truck.

Thanks all.  I had a green WT all built in my head with a bunch of options.  Ended up being about $400 cheaper than the LT I ordered.  I figured I could have a nicer overall truck if I forgot about the spray-in liner ($475), wheel flares ($370) and green paint (priced at $475).  I actually ordered Laser Blue, after repeated assurances by my salesdude that the restriction (noted on the Chevy Build & Price site) had been lifted on that color... then as I was pulling in to my garage coming home from ordering and giving them a deposit, he called and said when they actually went in to order the truck, the restriction is still on for at least another month.  I had two choices, wait or change the color.  The green, blue or gray were always my favorite colors on this truck, so I am not bummed in the end.  Having driven one, I can say this is far and away the best "small" truck GM has ever built.  They discounted the price from $32,520 to $31,300, and they're giving me $1100 more than I currently owe on the VW.  I'm excited to be "coming home" to GM!

Edited by ocnblu

Congrats, Bill!! I know you're excited! The gray is turning out to be a popular color on the Twins. I'm waiting to order my Canyon, hoping that some good news comes out of the upcoming Detroit show? If not I'll head over to my GMC dealer and put in my order :smilewide:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Congrads. Truly an awesome looking truck. I have seen 3 in the last 2 days around here in B-More. I don't have the patience to order. How long did he say before U have keys in hand?

What's crazy is that I think I remember U having one of these 

myvair2_med.jpg

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Agree 1

Congrads. Truly an awesome looking truck. I have seen 3 in the last 2 days around here in B-More. I don't have the patience to order. How long did he say before U have keys in hand?

myvair2_med.jpg

Yes sir, I did have one, for far too short a time.  And thanks!  He said 8 weeks.  But I got my order number today, quicker than a lot of other guys over on the Colorado/Canyon forums.  Psyched!

myvair2_med.jpg

Yes sir, I did have one, for far too short a time.  And thanks!  He said 8 weeks.  But I got my order number today, quicker than a lot of other guys over on the Colorado/Canyon forums.  Psyched!

Craaaazy. We've been posting together for like 10 years

• Agree 1

Getting closer, Bill!  Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer into the new year for your new truck to arrive.

The wife gave her blessing for the Canyon last night.  We were in the area of FC Kerkeck Buick-GMC and I wanted to see how many Canyons he had on the lot.  There were 2 SLE Crew Cab, Lond Bed, 4WD models on the lot.  She said the truck looked nice and she asked if that's what I wanted.  I told her yes, but in dark green and the SLT model.  I think either she's being nice because it's Christmas (and close enough to my birthday) or she's placating me because I'm always telling her she doesn't support my automotive side :lol:

I'm tempted to go and place an order, but really want to see what GM has in store at the NAIAS in Detroit next month.  Maybe something else shown there will catch my eye?

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Getting closer, Bill!  Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer into the new year for your new truck to arrive.

The wife gave her blessing for the Canyon last night.  We were in the area of FC Kerkeck Buick-GMC and I wanted to see how many Canyons he had on the lot.  There were 2 SLE Crew Cab, Lond Bed, 4WD models on the lot.  She said the truck looked nice and she asked if that's what I wanted.  I told her yes, but in dark green and the SLT model.  I think either she's being nice because it's Christmas (and close enough to my birthday) or she's placating me because I'm always telling her she doesn't support my automotive side :lol:

I'm tempted to go and place an order, but really want to see what GM has in store at the NAIAS in Detroit next month.  Maybe something else shown there will catch my eye?

I already have the schedule, what are you thinking will be shown?

• 1 month later...

NEWS:  My salesdude emailed me and said my truck has been manufactured, and based on his experience so far with these, it should take about two weeks to make it to the dealership from the plant in Wentzville, MO.  :smilewide:

My truck is riding the rails eastward.  It is scheduled to make Annapolis, MD on February 11th, at which point it will be put on a truck to the dealership in Manheim, PA!  This might turn out to be the BEST VALENTINE'S GIFT EVER!

• Agree 1

Not yet, darn it.  It is due in to Annapolis off the train on 2.11.  From there, it is loaded onto a truck to my dealer.  I hope it doesn't sit too long in Annapolis.  :P

I'll be in Annapolis this coming week.  Shame if something would happen to your nice new truck...  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Not yet, darn it.  It is due in to Annapolis off the train on 2.11.  From there, it is loaded onto a truck to my dealer.  I hope it doesn't sit too long in Annapolis.  :P

I'll be in Annapolis this coming week.  Shame if something would happen to your nice new truck...  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Or you could put a special bow on it for Ocn, I am sure he would love a present in the bed! :D

Congrats Bill!  You should called out sick today (or still do it Friday) to take delivery earlier ;)

Can't wait to see pictures and get your opinion of the new truck.  I'll be doing some shopping myself come Monday (God willing!), but have the list down to three different vehicles after attending the 2015 Philly Auto Show last weekend with the wife.

• Agree 1

Congrats Bill!  You should called out sick today (or still do it Friday) to take delivery earlier ;)

Can't wait to see pictures and get your opinion of the new truck.  I'll be doing some shopping myself come Monday (God willing!), but have the list down to three different vehicles after attending the 2015 Philly Auto Show last weekend with the wife.

Which are?

I wasn't ignoring you, Z-06.. just trying to keep it a mystery for now ;)

I will tell you this, either I'm getting something new or the wife is.  For me, I have something in mind and she has something else picked out for me.  For her, we both agree on what she's after.  If I go for the new vehicle, I want to lease as I like the prospect of a new vehicle in ~36 months; for her it's finance as she likes to own her vehicles.  

I'll start my own thread come Monday, if I move forward with the plan.

I will tell you this, either I'm getting something new or the wife is.  For me, I have something in mind and she has something else picked out for me.  For her, we both agree on what she's after.  If I go for the new vehicle, I want to lease as I like the prospect of a new vehicle in ~36 months; for her it's finance as she likes to own her vehicles.  

Gotta Love the woman in our lives that think they know what we should get! :P

Encore, Canyon, Terrain?