Cmicasa the GreatXvX Presents: The New Cadillac CT6

Yes I saw this earlier.

Not bad  but not revolutionary but then again I was not expecting that either. This car predates GM's full commitment to giving Cadillac what it needs to compete. I am just looking for this car to advance the sticks a little more with ground breaking interiors and technology in a very competent. sedan. The car they started on last summer will be the one that really will be the beginning of the new era.

This is the car Mark Ruess had to argue over using more expensive door handles on a couple years ago.

This car is not the so over used term Flagship it right now is a line up filler to replace the XTS with a car closer to where they are going. Think of this as the next step.

I will know more of how I feel on this once I see the real thing in person. Photos and film really have not done recent Cadillac's justice.

Edited by hyperv6

That basically looks the same as an XTS or CTS, although with a cleaner appearance and more appropriate front end styling.  The CTS LED light bars look a bit over the top and tacky.   It looks like a Cadillac should, but it isn't exciting, it just looks sort of slab sided and boring.   I guess we are still waiting for the next car to come to really compete with the Germans, and this is just a stop gap replacement to the XTS until it arrives.

What is with the Dare Greatly campaign?  Another new slogan?  Every 2  years they change, BMW has had the same one for like 40 years.

Props though for using the kick music from Inception, but that song in French is "I regret nothing" and I am pretty sure they regret the Cimarron.

Edited by smk4565

Cadillac is about the ONLY OEM doing LEDs / light pipes that actually look like someone thought about it. All of the Germans makes just hot glue off-shelf LED strips inside the light assembly; looks tacky. 
BMW is one that has done lighting nicely at times, but as soon as they hit on a great light design, they change it.

Cadillac has been running vertical lighting (tails, but now head lighting, also) for like 50 years. Meanwhile, most mercedes have very generic lighting designs, easily confused with pedestrian makes. 

Edited by balthazar

That basically looks the same as an XTS or CTS, although with a cleaner appearance and more appropriate front end styling.  The CTS LED light bars look a bit over the top and tacky.   It looks like a Cadillac should, but it isn't exciting, it just looks sort of slab sided and boring.   I guess we are still waiting for the next car to come to really compete with the Germans, and this is just a stop gap replacement to the XTS until it arrives.

What is with the Dare Greatly campaign?  Another new slogan?  Every 2  years they change, BMW has had the same one for like 40 years.

Props though for using the kick music from Inception, but that song in French is "I regret nothing" and I am pretty sure they regret the Cimarron.

They should  regret nothing because everything in TIME, leads to ones current position. It is true in fact that had Cadillac not stumbled in the 80s I myself might not love them as much as I do now.. because it was the failings of that era that cause them to reflect and then build the magnificent cars they do now. The use of a French song is not inappropriate since Cadillac is named after the French founder of Detroit. Learn some history,,, all of it before U speak such attempts at buzz kill

Cadillac is about the ONLY OEM doing LEDs / light pipes that actually look like someone thought about it. All of the Germans makes just hot glue off-shelf LED strips inside the light assembly; looks tacky. 

BMW is one that has done lighting nicely at times, but as soon as they hit on a great light design, they change it.

Cadillac has been running vertical lighting (tails, but now head lighting, also) for like 50 years. Meanwhile, most mercedes have very generic lighting designs, easily confused with pedestrian makes. 

Agree, you want to see generic boring lighting just look at the blah Pullman line of over priced metal from MB.

• 1 month later...

Exactly....the whole car looks fresh with Cadillac, much more so than with the Europeans.

They should  regret nothing because everything in TIME, leads to ones current position. It is true in fact that had Cadillac not stumbled in the 80s I myself might not love them as much as I do now.. because it was the failings of that era that cause them to reflect and then build the magnificent cars they do now. The use of a French song is not inappropriate since Cadillac is named after the French founder of Detroit. Learn some history,,, all of it before U speak such attempts at buzz kill

My only quibble would be that magnificent might not be quite the word....watching the video and looking at the styling....the English language fails me right now....