Here comes the... Astra

Well, it looks like GM listened to us for once. The Astra will be imported by the end of 2007 to our shores to replace the ION.

I don't know all the details yet, but more will be released tomorrow :AH-HA_wink:

:cheers:

Discuss!

Sorry Gerardo, the Mexican Astra is the previous generation imported from GM do Brasil. The Vectra is imported from Europe, with 250 hp 2.8 L turbo EPS Plus and CDC (for 1/3 more than a V6 Malibu).

Edited by thegriffon

Of course I love the Astra and think it will blow the ION into the weeds. It's good news, if agonizingly long to wait. I guess I'll take it no matter where it comes from.

Shows how weak Gettlefinger and Shoemaker are. The S.O.S. have to be voted in. GM's big plan to betray America has to be stopped.

Every American worker should pass the word to Boycott This Thing. NO Astra.

Edited by Ghost Dog

By the end of 2007 the Astra will be nearly 4 years old, it won't be around for much longer. If they are going to do this I would expect them to do it sooner, but I'm not surprised volumes will be limited. Although GM Manufacturing in Europe would welcome the extra volume I expect the UAW is only accepting this as a short-term, low-volume stop-gap measure until the next gen is ready for a US debut. GM will also be gauging how well the 3- and 5-door models are accepted in the sedan-biased US market.

I just hope they don't dumb it down. Please give us the diesel engines, the fun options (rain sensing wipers, etc.) and all the good stuff. I for one will put my money where my mouth is IF it comes in diesel form.