Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Hyundai News:Spying/Rumorpile: Meet Hyundai's Prius Fighter and Electric Vehicle

With all the news surrounding Tesla fighters, it seems we have forgotten about the competitors to the Toyota Prius. But luckily Hyundai has been working on such a vehicle to take on the Prius. A fresh set of spy shots have come in of their Prius fighter this week.

Now the shots show Hyundai taking some design ideas from the current Prius in terms of exterior styling. We also have the first shots of the interior which boasts a different gauge cluster complete with Eco/Power gauge.

Autoblog says recent rumors have Hyundai's new hybrid being based on the next-generation Elantra and use a medium-sized lithium-polymer battery pack that could offer 38 miles of electric power. The gas engine will possibly be a 1.6L four-cylinder.

But there is another twist to this story. A source tells Green Car Reports that Hyundai will offer a electric-only version of their Prius fighter sometime after the regular model is launched. A Hyundai spokesman declined to comment on the rumor.

Source: Autoblog, Green Car Reports

View full article

Very interesting, crazy cameo on the Hyundai and the 2016 Prius shows they continue to make it even more ugly.

This information has me all charged up and ready for action.  TOO COOL.  :roflmao:

This information has me all charged up and ready for action.  TOO COOL.  :roflmao:

Wonder how often a person working on the body damage of a Hybrid or EV ends up getting shocked  even when they follow all the safety guidelines.

Wonder how often a person working on the body damage of a Hybrid or EV ends up getting shocked  even when they follow all the safety guidelines.

It's shocking enough that ppl actually buy this stuff, even in limited numbers.

It's shocking enough that ppl actually buy this stuff, even in limited numbers.

I was wondering how you got your fizzy hair and now I know! ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' CEO Sergio Marchionne will be making one final move before his retirement - ending production of mass-market vehicles in Italy.
      Sources tell Bloomberg that on June 1st, Marchionne will unveil a plan that will see the end of production for the Alfa Romeo MiTo and Fiat Punto to make way for more upscale models. Fiat's historic plant in Turin will be retooled to build a new smaller Maserati SUV alongside the Levante. Another plant nearby Naples will be home to a small Jeep SUV after production of the Fiat Panda moves to Poland. It should be noted that the plan isn't finalized and details could change. FCA declined to comment when reached by Bloomberg.
      Part of the reason for the change comes down to Marchionne's belief that there is no future in building affordable cars in high-wage European countries. 
      The report also mentions that FCA will be cutting Fiat's lineup to just the 500 and Panda in the future
      Source: Bloomberg
    • By William Maley
      Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' CEO Sergio Marchionne will be making one final move before his retirement - ending production of mass-market vehicles in Italy.
      Sources tell Bloomberg that on June 1st, Marchionne will unveil a plan that will see the end of production for the Alfa Romeo MiTo and Fiat Punto to make way for more upscale models. Fiat's historic plant in Turin will be retooled to build a new smaller Maserati SUV alongside the Levante. Another plant nearby Naples will be home to a small Jeep SUV after production of the Fiat Panda moves to Poland. It should be noted that the plan isn't finalized and details could change. FCA declined to comment when reached by Bloomberg.
      Part of the reason for the change comes down to Marchionne's belief that there is no future in building affordable cars in high-wage European countries. 
      The report also mentions that FCA will be cutting Fiat's lineup to just the 500 and Panda in the future
      Source: Bloomberg

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Hyundai's N performance division has its eye on building a hotted-up Kona. 
      Albert Biermann, head of the N sub-brand tells Auto Express that he has asked engineers to begin work on a test mule. Biermann also revealed what engine could be under the hood, a turbocharged 2.0L four from the i30 N.
      “I’ve told them [the engineers] to build the car and we’ll see what happens with getting it approved. It has to be the i30 N powertrain, really. Of course, we can give Kona different specifications on suspension and steering, although there are some common components we can use in that area as well, because it’ll be front-wheel drive, like the i30 N. But we already know that it has to be that car’s engine and gearbox for the Kona N, yes,” said Biermann.
      Emphasis mine. Hyundai's top brass needs to give the green light to make the Kona N a reality. We're assuming by building a test mule, it may give N some leverage to possibly make it into a production model.
      Auto Express says that the Kona N would use the 250 horsepower variant of the turbo-four, and not the 271 horsepower version available with an optional Performance Pack.
      Source: Auto Express

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Hyundai's N performance division has its eye on building a hotted-up Kona. 
      Albert Biermann, head of the N sub-brand tells Auto Express that he has asked engineers to begin work on a test mule. Biermann also revealed what engine could be under the hood, a turbocharged 2.0L four from the i30 N.
      “I’ve told them [the engineers] to build the car and we’ll see what happens with getting it approved. It has to be the i30 N powertrain, really. Of course, we can give Kona different specifications on suspension and steering, although there are some common components we can use in that area as well, because it’ll be front-wheel drive, like the i30 N. But we already know that it has to be that car’s engine and gearbox for the Kona N, yes,” said Biermann.
      Emphasis mine. Hyundai's top brass needs to give the green light to make the Kona N a reality. We're assuming by building a test mule, it may give N some leverage to possibly make it into a production model.
      Auto Express says that the Kona N would use the 250 horsepower variant of the turbo-four, and not the 271 horsepower version available with an optional Performance Pack.
      Source: Auto Express
    • By William Maley
      Tesla's 'production hell' is continuing on and is causing the automaker to shut down the Model 3 assembly line for almost a week.
      Reuters has learned from two sources that Tesla will stop production of the Model 3 from May 26th to 31st in an effort to fix the various bottlenecks on the line. A Tesla spokesperson declined to comment.
      Tesla warned that there would be 10 days of temporary shutdowns this quarter in an effort to try and get Model 3 production back up and running smoothly. CEO Elon Musk said the shutdowns would be used to make upgrades to reach a goal of building 6,000 Model 3s by the end of June. Already, Tesla stopped production for a few days last month, and also in February.
      The key problem is Tesla's over-reliance on robots for production, something Musk acknowledges. 
      Source: Reuters

View full article
  • My Clubs