Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Comments: 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show: Jaguar Is Done With the Teasing, Reveals 2017 F-Pace

It has been a long two years since Jaguar revealed the C-X17 concept crossover at Frankfurt Motor Show. Since then, Jaguar has been teasing us with F-Pace mules wrapped in some interesting camouflage. But on the eve of the Frankfurt Motor Show, the British automaker has finally pulled the covers off the production model.

From the transition of concept to the production model, the F-Pace looks largely the same aside from minor changes to the trim. The body is comprised of aluminum, high-strength steel, magnesium, and composites. This allows the F-Pace to have the same torsional stiffness numbers as the new XF. The interior features seating for five people and dashboard similar to the one used in the new XE. There will be two versions of Jaguar's InControl infotainment system; an 8-inch with optional SD navigation and a 10.2-inch version with an 825-watt Meridian 17-speaker stereo.

At the launch of the F-Pace next spring, there will be two versions of the supercharged 3.0L V6. The base version will produce 340 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque, and a more potent version will make 380 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque. Following sometime after is a 2.0L Ingenium diesel four-cylinder with 180 horsepower and 318 pound-feet of torque. All engines will come with an eight-speed automatic and a torque vectoring all-wheel drive system.

Jaguar has also pulled some tricks from its sister brand, Land Rover for the F-Pace. The model offers 8.4 inches of ground clearance and wade through 20.7 inches of water. There are also a number of off-road systems such as Adaptive Surface Response, All Surface Progress Control, and Low Traction Launch. We're wondering how many F-Pace owners will actually take their car off the beaten path.

Pricing for the Jaguar F-Pace for the U.S. breaks down like this,
2.0 Ingenium diesel: $41,985
Supercharged 3.0 V6 (340 HP): $43,385
Supercharged 3.0 V6 (380 HP): $57,765

Prices include a $995 destination charge.

Source: Jaguar

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

It looks pretty good on the outside, looks sporty and the rear end looks good  The inside seems nice, but also looks sort of boring and plain.  I think it is very well priced, I like that the diesel is the cheapest model and the 340 hp V6 is more than most of these other crossovers have, plus this has a rear drive chassis. 

I am curious about two things though.  First is how big is the F-pace?  Is this like BMW X3 size or is this a midsize vehicle? If it is mid-size they have really good pricing.  Second question is why is it $14,000 more for 40 more hp?  I hope the 380 hp model has every other option of the 340 hp model as standard equipment.  Because $14,000 for 40 hp is a rip off even by Porsche standards.

It looks pretty good on the outside, looks sporty and the rear end looks good  The inside seems nice, but also looks sort of boring and plain.  I think it is very well priced, I like that the diesel is the cheapest model and the 340 hp V6 is more than most of these other crossovers have, plus this has a rear drive chassis. 

I am curious about two things though.  First is how big is the F-pace?  Is this like BMW X3 size or is this a midsize vehicle? If it is mid-size they have really good pricing. 

From Jaguar's press release, they say its a midsize.

This thing could sell well by Jaguar standards.  Being built on the XE/XF aluminum chassis you figure it has to have decent handling, and you get a 340 hp V6 for $43k.  That is a lot more engine than you get in a Lexus RX, and it is $10,000 cheaper than a BMW X5.  And the diesel will probably get like 35 mpg, compared to all the 25 mpg mid-size gas crossovers, it will look like a stand out.  I think they could sell 1,000 a month, they should sell 500 a month at least.

I don't see SUV buyers having any real reason to look to Jag for SUVs. It's like the question no one's asking, never mind being a decade plus late. Hell, no one's asking for Jaguar sedans….

I don't see SUV buyers having any real reason to look to Jag for SUVs. It's like the question no one's asking, never mind being a decade plus late. Hell, no one's asking for Jaguar sedans….

+1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook