Cadillac News: Rumorpile: A More Potent Cadillac CTS-V Is Incoming

The 2016 Cadillac CTS-V is taking the German opposition with 640 horsepower coming from a supercharged 6.2L V8. But Automobile magazine is reporting that a more powerful version is coming.

“The Cold War continues. I don’t know where it stops, but it’s not at 640 hp, that’s for sure,” said a source.

Now the current CTS-V outguns the BMW M5 and Mercedes-AMG E63 by about 80 horsepower. But Cadillac believes the V8 is capable of producing more power.

We'll be keeping an close eye on this story.

Source: Automobile

View full article

Being that Hennessey has a 750HP, 800HP and 1000HP option for the 2016 CTS-V, I suspect GM can easily top the Hellcat and have the worlds fastest production Luxury auto.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/2016-cadillac-ctsv.html

• 2 weeks later...

They could put 800 hp in the CTS-V and the M5 will outsell it.  They should put that money in the interior or an AWD system with launch control or an Electric CTS-V.  Because with rear drive, they are just going to spin tire, the Hellcat Charger is a prime example. 

Would be nice to see a V12 CTS-V as no one else in the segment has a V12.  I always wished Mercedes would do an E65 V12, even if only for a 2 year limited run.

Edited by smk4565

Uh... You do realize the Hellcat Charger hits 60 in the low threes and tops out over 200?

I commented in the MT version of this story that this isn't necessarily the direction I'd continue to push Caddy in. But hey, if it means more trickle-down for the Camaro then it's all good, right?

Edited by El Kabong

Charger Hellcat with 707 hp does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, an E63 with 577 hp does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.  All wheel drive advantage.  Tesla Model S could beat them all.  

I don't think more power fixes the CTS's problems.  There are a lot of other areas to address first.  Make an AWD V-series if you want a faster car.

They could put 800 hp in the CTS-V and the M5 will outsell it.  They should put that money in the interior or an AWD system with launch control or an Electric CTS-V.  Because with rear drive, they are just going to spin tire, the Hellcat Charger is a prime example. 

Would be nice to see a V12 CTS-V as no one else in the segment has a V12.  I always wished Mercedes would do an E65 V12, even if only for a 2 year limited run.

Your days for V12, V10 Even V8 are limited. Emissions, hybrid and pure electric will replace it in the next 10-15 years I believe. You monster engines will be a V8 top with supercharger or turbo. Eventually even MB and BMW will drop those 10 & 12 cylinder engines.