Ultimate Dream Garage: Average New Car Edition

Frisky Dingo

So the average new car price currently sits at $33,781. Which is a decent amount. There's some pretty solid deals out there for that kinda money. I'm going to round that number up slightly to $35,000, and use it as the base line for this Dream Garage thread.

Rules-

1) You have a total of $175,000.

2) You must have at least 2, but no more than 5 automobiles.

3) You can spend as much or as little on any one vehicle as you want.

4) These are your only vehicles.

5) Choices must be brand new and on sale now.

6) You CAN use actual sale prices, rather than MSRP, SO LONG AS THEY ARE REALISTIC. Ie- w/ Mfr's Rebates, slightly discounted online prices, etc. Use good judgement here, and be a good sport. You're not getting the 9K off a new Fusion like the Ford ad says. Also, no demos, loaners, etc. Brand new vehicles. 

7) I will allow ONE street bike/trike/3 wheel contraption.

Have fun guys.

There was a Chevy SS sedan at the Buckeye Miata Club autocross on Saturday.  It was surprisingly nimble for its size.  Nice Choice.

For me;

Chevrolet Volt, 35K; Black.  (Daily)

Subaru BRZ, 27K, premium, World Rally Blue. (fun car #1)

Chevrolet Colorado Diesel, 40K. (Work truck)(Tow the inevitable race car also)

Alfa Romeo 4c, 50K, Red, what else?

Fiat 500 Abarth, just to piss everyone off, 23K....or alternately, and more likely, Ford Fiesta St, 21K....

15 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Very nice lists, both of you.

Golf R barely missed mine. I could have subbed it for the SS, and put the GT350 in the Cayman's place. Hmmm......

GT360 and Caymen are two very different cars....I could see making room for both.  Also, glad to see love for the Jeep Grand Cherokee here!

14457437_1737338469852680_28522663763056

inspiration for the Alfa thing...really love these....

14440696_1737338829852644_31864915140359

S2000 was putting down faster times than both of them....

14448865_1737339499852577_34583594986549

55 Chevy was another fine example of one of our domestics getting thrashed and properly abused!  I have already owned one, hence why i do not have a 55 Chevy on my above list...

F150 Lariat FX4/Sport - built to what I want was 53k.. It's an F150 so a discount is inevitable so I'll jut round to 50k for simplicity.

This exact color scheme, black grille, the grey wheels, white, and tint the windows.

15343136-C8A2-40D7-87BF-4C65656405AC_zps

GT350 - Not 'R' as the '17's already come with the performace pack..and..well..I'm just trying to save 10k = 60k w/ the electronics package.

I would either want white of this color compboination. Usually I'm not a fan of blue white and black all together so I'm not sure.B841596E-9859-4B69-BCA9-B34CEDE8B293_zps

Triumph Street Triple - 10k

9ABFEE1B-AF25-4E51-AD1C-53ED8051DC17_zps

So I'm left with 55k at this point. No clue what I should do with the money. ATS-V starts at 60,500, CTS V-Sport starts at 61,000, Chevy SS definitely fits in there but I wanted something a little classier, less brutish. Kind of like a date night kind of vehicle. Well, After building some CTS V-Sports The only thing I added/changed was the black wheels so It really was still only 61k. I could find that somewhere for 55k, right?

I'm also not usually a blue vehicle fan but this looks sharp in this color. 005AA3B7-2C65-4B32-8EC5-E62BCA87C292_zps

Edited by ccap41

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

F150 Lariat FX4/Sport - built to what I want was 53k.. It's an F150 so a discount is inevitable so I'll jut round to 50k for simplicity.

This exact color scheme, black grille, the grey wheels, white, and tint the windows.

15343136-C8A2-40D7-87BF-4C65656405AC_zps

GT350 - Not 'R' as the '17's already come with the performace pack..and..well..I'm just trying to save 10k = 60k w/ the electronics package.

I would either want white of this color compboination. Usually I'm not a fan of blue white and black all together so I'm not sure.B841596E-9859-4B69-BCA9-B34CEDE8B293_zps

Triumph Street Triple - 10k

9ABFEE1B-AF25-4E51-AD1C-53ED8051DC17_zps

So I'm left with 55k at this point. No clue what I should do with the money. ATS-V starts at 60,500, CTS V-Sport starts at 61,000, Chevy SS definitely fits in there but I wanted something a little classier, less brutish. Kind of like a date night kind of vehicle. Well, After building some CTS V-Sports The only thing I added/changed was the black wheels so It really was still only 61k. I could find that somewhere for 55k, right?

I'm also not usually a blue vehicle fan but this looks sharp in this color. 005AA3B7-2C65-4B32-8EC5-E62BCA87C292_zps

The new Mustang just invokes all kinds of automotive lust in me.  I love that color scheme!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Stew said:

hmmmm

1 GC Trailhawk 43k

2.  2 Door Wrangler Rubicon 35k

3.  Challenger SRT392 50k

4. Camao SS 1Le 45k

I really like your selections, but feel that personally I would add one more vehicle.  Maybe a Ford truck... Raptor or F150 Ecoboost 4x4 crew cab.  I think either would round things out nicely.

...and hell yes on the Challenger as SRT 392 rather than a Hell Cat.  Love the HC, but the SRT 392 balances much more nicely with your other selections.

20 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I really like your selections, but feel that personally I would add one more vehicle.  Maybe a Ford truck... Raptor or F150 Ecoboost 4x4 crew cab.  I think either would round things out nicely.

...and hell yes on the Challenger as SRT 392 rather than a Hell Cat.  Love the HC, but the SRT 392 balances much more nicely with your other selections.

I think I am maxed out on money haha.  I started out with a Hellcat, but changed my mind.  I don;t need 707 HP and SRT carries a lot less weight over the front end, yet retains the Hellcat's suspension, brakes, and tires.  I think \the GC would be a good dail driver, the RUbicon would be a blast to take the top off and hit the hills, the Challenger is the perfect cruiser.long distance runner, and the 1LE for when the curves need straightened in a hurry :D

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Stew said:

I think I am maxed out on money haha.  I started out with a Hellcat, but changed my mind.  I don;t need 707 HP and SRT carries a lot less weight over the front end, yet retains the Hellcat's suspension, brakes, and tires.  I think \the GC would be a good dail driver, the RUbicon would be a blast to take the top off and hit the hills, the Challenger is the perfect cruiser.long distance runner, and the 1LE for when the curves need straightened in a hurry :D

1LE is an excellent choice as well.  Were we to bend the rules and allow six cars....hmmm...the new Camaro styling also really does it for me.  I liked the fifth gen but the current car...yowzers.  Almost E type Jag levels of gorgeous.