Industry News: Henrik Fisker Gives The Car Maker Business Another Go

Henrik Fisker has resurrected his namesake company. Speaking with Bloomberg, Fisker said his new company Fisker Inc. will reveal a "premium, all-electric vehicle in the second half of 2017."

Various about this new vehicle and the underlying electric technologies are currently under lock and key. But Bloomberg was able to glean some information about it. The battery technologies developed by Fisker Nanotech - their battery division - promises over 400 miles of range and feature industry-leading battery life that could "match the life of the vehicle."

“The technology emanates from several professors from UCLA who have been working on energy storage. We have already developed prototypes that you won’t see anywhere else,” said Jack Kavanaugh, chairman of Fisker Nanotech.

Fisker wouldn't say much about the design of the new model except that it would feature some of his own design elements.

“It will definitely be something that when you see it, it will look completely different. It will be sporty and spacious. And you’ve got to make something look beautiful—there is no excuse for making an ugly car, even with new technology—so it will definitely have some of my signature elements.”

The company also plans on launching an affordable model down the road.

Source: Bloomberg

View full article

Just now, dfelt said:

:metal: Very Exciting!

Indeed!  Would love for them to be successful.

6 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Curious to see how this plays out....

As I am also.

3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Indeed!  Would love for them to be successful.

As I am also.

I am excited by the new battery tech that gives 400 miles of range. This would be a real deal changer in how people see the EV auto.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

I am excited by the new battery tech that gives 400 miles of range. This would be a real deal changer in how people see the EV auto.

Given Teslas shaky financial status, the Bolt and the Fisker are both huge.  I seriously am beginning to doubt we will even see an actual model three built by Tesla-he is hemorrhaging cash at a prodigious rate, and the merger with Solar city does not help matters either.

Thankfully, we have GM and Ford also.  They have both driven a model S, taken it apart, and driven it again.  They have the battery technology to start building an assortment of affordable electric cars any time they want, which should be in the next ten years with multiple models from both of them.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Capitalization.
  • Agree 1