A Thing Finally Happened

ccap41

Well, it took quite awhile for all of the insurance stuff to finalize and for them to cut me a check but I got out of the shet rental Yaris and this past Saturday I picked up something. I would have played the guessing game but I'm pretty sure I've already posted here asking about the car so I didn't think that would work too well..

Well, I bought a 2016 Focus Hatch Titanium. I believe it has everything except a sunroof and their active parking assist. I bought it with 12,811 miles on the clock for 16,000 + TTL.  Sync3 rocks so far. WORLDS better than Sync that I had in my Escape. It has basically everything I had in my Escape, which is what I wanted.

A couple things it DOESNT have that are very minor annoyances but are still there. The Focus doesn't have an auto dimming rear mirror and it doesn't have lights by each window to turn on and off(reading lights, I believe?) There is one in the middle of the rear two seats and one for the driver/passenger but it's above the center rather than center AND above the windows like my Escape had. Also the transmission, while I don't think it's terrible it definitely has its quirks that you have to learn. I REALLY like how it shifts to 3-6 but 1-2 can be wonky at times. I think I just need to learn it a little more. If you're super light on the throttle you don't notice anything but if you dip in a little more from a stop it gets a little judder-y.

Things I like MORE than the Escape... The ride. Cars just ride soooo much better than CUVs. It's smoother and quieter by a long shot. The n/a 4cyl still gets great fuel economy while going 75mph unlike the Escape that seemed to plummet once you pass 60mph. But with that... it's a n/a 4cyl.. I'd lie if I said I didn't miss the torque of the turbo4. so far I've driven about 150 miles of mixed driving and I am averaging 35.7mpg so that rocks. Oh, it also has a backup camera which is pretty badass. It isn't too necessary now but once I get my windows tinted it will come in VARY handy. It also has a heated steering wheel that automatically comes on when I remote start it in the cold, awesome!

I bought a dash camera a couple weeks ago waiting for my purchase and I installed it Saturday. I with I had pictures of it but I completely hid the wire and I put it in a spot that I can't see while driving(behind the rear view mirror) as to not distract me. I'll get a few pictures of that as well when I can.

These are the only pictures I have at the moment..but here she is!

1FA3024A-0712-4452-8030-1B32F8761A08_zps

D55E8010-4046-4995-9CC1-8C997C35F06C_zps

D9F15D3E-B678-46B6-9A62-DA4314EB32FC_zps

33 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Shoulda spent 4 grand more and bought a GTI. :P

Just kidding. Kinda. But in all seriousness, enjoy. You let me know when you get a craving for more powah. ;)

Oh, and put some ST wheels on there!! 8)

I know... I'm trying to be responsible now so I can play later in life. I only borrowed $6400 so my payments are itty bitty. like $114/month itty bitty. I'll never pay the minimum but it's always nice in case something does come up.

First thing is first, TINT! I scheduled an appointment for Monday to have my windows tinted already. 

I've ALWAYS wanted to buy wheels for a vehicle I've owned but this is the first vehicle I might actually do it as there isn't a whole lot else I want to do to it. I'd like to get the JL Audio stealthbox that replaces the factory 8" sub with a 10" one and I'd mount the amp under the hatch floor near the spare tire so I'd get some bumps but I wouldn't be wasting any space.

Edited by ccap41

18 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Very cool details and smart, finance to have a low payment and pay more so if life happens and you need to pay less you can.

How dark is the tint you are doing?

Thank You

I think I'm going back to 20% like I had on my Escape.

This was the day I got my Escape back from getting tinted. I promise it didn't have any blueish tint to it in person.

8EB1622F-F517-44DE-9592-F69715773F6B_zps

In IL I can only legally have 35% but that's weak.. I actually need to go back to the eye doc and make it so legally I can have tinted windows. I have pretty sensitive eyes.

• Agree 1

Weird, both are listed in the manual.. as far as I know it's a "PowerShift" but maybe they've tweaked it enough times since 2012 that they have it a new name ooooor that's just the name of the stupid toggle switch on the shifter..because that's what it's showing in the manual..

Thank you though! 

Its nothing crazy but it was a smart purchase..adult style. I wanted a Golf or Mazda3 but I couldn't find one with the options I wanted for my price range. 

• Agree 1

I installed my dash cam Saturday. I completely hid the wire other than what I took pictures of.  I was very impressed with how easy it was to hide the wire because cars look like shet with wires exposed or hanging.

4011DE1E-FF13-4803-9CB3-4B0B3B18E3A5_zps

69ABB188-A5EC-4AFF-BE95-6A8C050A369C_zps

A view from the driver's seat. I didn't want it in sight so it won't be distracting.

A56D2E82-4A41-4CD7-B45A-FC5999C69FA7_zps

The only other exposed wire coming out of the center console.

DC4EDB0B-40E7-4C71-B2B2-083E07FB05E3_zps

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Cool, I was thinking about one for posting videos of scenic drives.  Is it relatively shake-free?

Here are some videos from mine. This is actually the first time I've looked at them since hooking it up. They automatically loop.

2017_0214_181742_101.MP4

2017_0214_220230_108.MP4

33 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Here are some videos from mine. This is actually the first time I've looked at them since hooking it up. They automatically loop.

2017_0214_181742_101.MP4

2017_0214_220230_108.MP4

Very cool and nice and smooth CCAP41

I would suggest one thing, state how big your video files are. The first one as an example was 624mb and took a couple min to download. That way people who might not have the space for such a big file will not download it.

Over all nice job on the install and nice recording of the video. :metal:

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

Very cool and nice and smooth CCAP41

I would suggest one thing, state how big your video files are. The first one as an example was 624mb and took a couple min to download. That way people who might not have the space for such a big file will not download it.

Over all nice job on the install and nice recording of the video. :metal:

Thanks ya!

Yeah, I didn't realize they were as large as they were until I was trying to upload them and they took 45 minutes..lol I also didn't realize that is how they would be viewed. I was HOPING they would link like a youtube video but as you saw, they did not.