1997 to 2005 Park Avenues

Variance

I'm so damn fickle. :P GTOs, Auroras, and now Park Avenues (among other cars...).

I'm not even entirely sure how I got interested in these but here I am. :blink:

Anyway, these appear to have not too great depreication (aka great prices w/relatively low miles) but they don't look half-bad. Nice, classy exterior; comfortable-looking interior and the supercharged Ultra = sleeper possibilities. No one ever suspects the Park Avenue... :scratchchin:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If the Park Ave. Ultra was RWD and V8 it would be one of

my favorite cars of all time. I'm still bumed about the

Lucerne replacing it. :(

But if a 70+ year old guy can drop an Alero onto a S-10

frame with tunned port power than my idea of dropping a

Park Ave.. body onto a B-body frame with an LS2/LS6 is

not completely crazy. :)

I love the last generation Park Ave's and the revised grille and chrome wheels and ventiports look awesome on this car....I cam close to buyin gone of these before the Riviera....and actually I may still buy an 04 or 05 in 5 years or so. And I agree Sixty 8....a Park Ave on a B-body chassis with a V8 sounds sick 8)

What about the current crop os small blocks, would they fit in there? Perhaps Northstar

The Park Avenue is an absolutely beautiful car. She'll turn 3 years old this month. I'm in love with her today as much as I was when I bought her. The new-for-2003 Grille, portholes, wood trim, etc really make a difference. I just hit 31,000 miles.

The interior & exterior have held up very well. Insurance won't kill you. Tune-ups won't kill your pocket book either like several imports.

I love the color of the Park Avenue in your pics. Mine is black.

Probably the only thing I've experienced of an annoyance is that my paint job hasn't held up 100% to detailing and cleaning. I have buff marks here and there. If I decide to keep her instead of using her as a trade-in, I'll consider having her repainted.

The Park Avenue is a great choice. The only advice to give is: You take care of her, and she'll take care of you. :thumbsup:

The Park Avenue is an absolutely beautiful car. She'll turn 3 years old this month. I'm in love with her today as much as I was when I bought her. The new-for-2003 Grille, portholes, wood trim, etc really make a difference. I just hit 31,000 miles.

The interior & exterior have held up very well. Insurance won't kill you. Tune-ups won't kill your pocket book either like several imports.

Probably the only thing I've experienced of an annoyance is that my paint job hasn't held up 100% to detailing and cleaning. I have buff marks here and there. If I decide to keep her instead of using her as a trade-in, I'll consider having her repainted.

The Park Avenue is a great choice. The only advice to give is: You take care of her, and she'll take care of you.  :thumbsup:

I bet her ride is beautiful.

I just keep getting so pissed at GM (Buick?) for getting rid of names with such RICH heritage.....especially like "Park Avenue."

The "Ultra" badge always seemed incredibly cheesy to me.....but I always LOVED "Electra" and "Park Avenue."

Why couldn't the 3800V6 Lucerne have been called "Electra" and the NorthStar V8 versions the "Park Avenue?"

By '04 and '05 the Park Avenue was getting pretty dated.....but early on, they were really nicely-executed full-size sedans.

I used to drive them all the time as company cars......Ultras with Y56 and Paint-Stripe delete option....for a cleaner look. I loved them. The only thing I missed was a nicely-executed console/floor shifter option.

The Park Avenue is a great choice. The only advice to give is: You take care of her, and she'll take care of you.  :thumbsup:

So, your car is a "she"?

One of the last real American sedans. Stately, elegant, looking twice as expensive as she was. You could never feel ashamed driving one of them. A believe me, a Park Avenue Ultra was in the running when I was looking for a car.

Finding a loaded and pampered '97-00 Ultra down here with under 50,000 miles for less than $10k is not a challenge at all.

O.C., its funny you mention the heritage of the Park Avenue name because out of all the recent nameplates Buick used, it probably had the least history. However, considering it really made a name for itself with the '91 PA, it deserved to live longer than it did. For 1991, that was an incredibly beautiful car.

I just keep getting so pissed at GM (Buick?) for getting rid of names with such RICH heritage.....especially like "Park Avenue."

At every car company he has led, Lutz seems to have a thing for changing car names.

The last Park Avenue was a magnificent sedan, except the interior could have used better materials.

I wish that GM had taken the old 4.9L OHV Cadillac V8 and moved it to the Park Avenue when Cadillac went exclusively Northstar in 1996.

All my cars have been "shes" even my first Fleetwood Brougham...

it was a scummy beat up old d'Elegance wiht more rust than paint,

I bought her for $200 and called her "Bertha". :)

I wonder what this car would have looked like redesigned.  And a bit longer.

It's depressing that we will never know. :(

It's depressing that we will never know. :(

It really is... I would have loved a redesigned FWD Park Avenue, and then a RWD, larger, more athletic, more luxurious Roadmaster to compete with the Town Car. Edited by Paolino

I wonder what this car would have looked like redesigned.  And a bit longer.

Her name is "Lucerne."

Although I don't think it's any longer....

We all know the Lucerne is THE replacement for LeSabre AND Park Avenue.

They very well could have named the Lucerne the "Park Avenue." I for one would have preferred that.