Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Dream Garage- New Average Transaction Price Edition

Okay dudes, this place has been deader than a graveyard for a bit, so I thought I'd throw together something new for fun.

Average transaction prices for a new cars in December 2017 was $36,495.

Link

The premise of this one is simple. You will have a garage to fill with new cars that must adhere to that average.

Rules-

1) You must have 5 vehicles.

2) Vehicles must be New 2017 or 2018 MY on sale NOW.

3) Must be for sale in YOUR market.

4) Price is based off MSRP.

5) There is no limit to the individual prices- HOWEVER, you must keep the total amount spent less than $182,475 to keep the per car average at the $36,495 limit. 

6) As always, these are your only cars. 

7) No motorcycles, ATV's, etc, etc.

Have fun.

Edited by Frisky Dingo

A quick take on it..
Alltrack SEL MSRP $35,660
MX-5 Miata GT MSRP $30,065
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk MSRP $43,295
Accord 2.0T Touring MSRP $35,800
F150 XLT 4x2 SuperCab, MSRP $36,680

Comes in about $1000 below the limit, I guess I would option the truck a tiny bit.

The reasoning behind my choices-

I had to have a 3 row hauler in the group. Kids are getting old enough they want friends to tag along, so I couldn't justify not having something that carried at least 6. Tiguan is too underpowered, Atlas and Q7 were too much equipped as I wanted. Santa Fe it was. A fantastic value, and becoming a rarity- V6 powered!

I had to have something to play off road in. The Hyundai took care of family hauling duties, so I was free to choose something more elemental and basic that the usual 4Runner and Grand Cherokee suspects. I love the new Wrangler's look, so it was an easy choice. Sport S w/ a manual is a pretty decent buy I feel like. Plus, this one doubles as a convertible for Sunday drives to get ice cream and whatnot.

The GTI would be my daily driver. The car is simply too good to not have one in the collection. It's the best enthusiast daily on the market no question. The 2017 Sport was such an awesome collection of bits, and a one-year only run, so it's my pick. In DSG.

These last 2 were my hardest picks. I couldn't NOT have a V8 of some sort. I thought hard about a convertible Camaro SS or 1LE, but decided to go with the SS as an additional possible family hauler. For trips longer than I'd do in the GTI- short on back seat space and cargo room- but without the carrying needs of the Santa Fe, it'd be a nice in-between option. Would be what I took the fam out to a semi-local eatery in surrounding wine country in or something.

For the last option, I wanted something as pure and singular as possible. I almost chose a 370Z, but I figured a low power momentum car would be a nice change of pace. Plus, it'd be my sporting convertible for solo twisty road runs on the weekend.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one as much as I did. Though it was tough!!

My little toy car would be a 2018 Mustang GT(couldn't find a way to budget a GT350...) + Performance package  = $39,990

ATS w/ Permium Luxury package(needed the LED fog lights and running lights) = $43,890.

Edge Sport + 401A + dark wheels = $44,505

Tacoma TRD Off-Road, Access cab, 6ft bed + Technology Package = $35,950

This doesn't leave me with much at all..$18,160 to be exact.

Renegade Sport with a manual trans sneaks under 18k MSRP! I couldn't get 4WD though.. But it would be fun to drive the snot out of it. It actually might be worth shaving 2k somewhere else to get 4WD for this little thing because it's probably a hoot for a little guy.  

44 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

My little toy car would be a 2018 Mustang GT(couldn't find a way to budget a GT350...) + Performance package  = $39,990

ATS w/ Permium Luxury package(needed the LED fog lights and running lights) = $43,890.

Edge Sport + 401A + dark wheels = $44,505

Tacoma TRD Off-Road, Access cab, 6ft bed + Technology Package = $35,950

This doesn't leave me with much at all..$18,160 to be exact.

Renegade Sport with a manual trans sneaks under 18k MSRP! I couldn't get 4WD though.. But it would be fun to drive the snot out of it. It actually might be worth shaving 2k somewhere else to get 4WD for this little thing because it's probably a hoot for a little guy.  

Mustang GT.jpg

ATS Sedan.jpg

Edge Sport.jpg

TRD.jpg

Renegade.jpg

This was fun...kind of front loaded it with the first 4 choices optioned up, the last one is a practical stripper. 

The GC is the comfy luxury daily driver SUV, just a bit fancier than my current GC. 

The Colorado is the practical little truck for some light duty hauling.

The Wrangler, Challenger, and Miata are for fun on Ohio's back roads...

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2dr 4x4  firecracker red w/ tan & black interior  manual                                     $33870.00
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6 walnut brown w/ brown & frost beige interior                        $48180.00
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack octane red (dark berry red) w/ red & black interior  Hemi manual  $44415.00
2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT meteor gray mica w/ tan interior  manual                                                              $32145.00   
2018 Chevy Colorado 2wd extended cab  deep wood green metallic, 4cyl manual                                          $21235.00

• Like 1

1.  Need a three row for family duties, not my first choice by far, but for the money ...

Pilot AWD Touring - $44.5k

f0454827a5d3a8b57d1e31247d498e78x.jpg?im

2.  2018 Mustang GT premium, performance package - $46k

2018-Ford-Mustang-GT-5.0-0055.jpg

3.  Daily driver, I have a long commute so need something cheap, reliable and a little fun - Mazda 6 Sport -$24k

?IMG=CAC70MAC141B022004.jpg

4. Miata MX-5 Club - $33k

2016_mazda_mx-5_miata_club_convertible-p

5. For wife's commute TLX base -$33k

4ccfccb026d28ff754932f6eac5.jpg

The only one I'd want to change would be the Pilot for a Durango R/T. It probably isn't as nice or luxurious as the Pilot but that V8... And it just looks so damn good. 

Durango.jpg

@Drew Dowdell @dfelt What about you guys?? 

FYI the Drew & delt post was separate from the Durango one.. I'm not asking them to side with me on the opinion Hahaha

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The only one I'd want to change would be the Pilot for a Durango R/T. It probably isn't as nice or luxurious as the Pilot but that V8... And it just looks so damn good. 

Durango.jpg

Durango with V8 will cost close to $48k MSRP minimum

V6 is a possibility vs the Pilot of course

56 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Durango.jpg

@Drew Dowdell @dfelt What about you guys?? 

FYI the Drew & delt post was separate from the Durango one.. I'm not asking them to side with me on the opinion Hahaha

Even in V6 form, I would take the Durango over the Pilot every day and twice on Sunday! :P 

I would take it in their Rhino color that you can also get on the Jeep, just looks awesome. I like it cause you rarely see them and they are very different compared to the millions of red out there.

image.png

Will say their Maroon is very nice too.

image.png

32 minutes ago, ykX said:

Durango with V8 will cost close to $48k MSRP minimum

V6 is a possibility vs the Pilot of course

R/T starts at $43,695 for 2WD and $46,295 for AWD. If this was on my list the 2WD would work as I'd still have a 4WD truck, if I needed to squeeze it in for price. 

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

R/T starts at $43,695 for 2WD and $46,295 for AWD. If this was on my list the 2WD would work as I'd still have a 4WD truck, if I needed to squeeze it in for price. 

Well it was my list so to spite you @ccap41 and @dfelt I will take the damn Pilot next time I am spending $180k on 5 cars :)

• Haha 2