Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Other Hobbies besides cars

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Post pics of your other Hobbies besides cars.  

Me, I love to bake. Specifically I love making bread, but I also like cakes and cookies and pies.

For the past week I've been working on a sour dough starter so I can make sour dough bread and sour dough English muffins.  These just came out of the oven and smell great!

IMG_20190218_162310.jpg

OMG, you found my weakness, Love to eat hot bread with soft melting butter, garlic butter, irish butter, YUMMY hot Bread with all kinds of Spreads. That is why working out is such a big deal to me. Gotta work out so I can afford eating what I love.

My 3 top passions are Skiing, Working out and Wine! Course you will see my auto passion and photography passion on my Instagram account too. :D 

From my Wine Collection

From my leg day workout

From my Ski day

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

On 2/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, dfelt said:

OMG, you found my weakness, Love to eat hot bread with soft melting butter, garlic butter, irish butter, YUMMY hot Bread with all kinds of Spreads. That is why working out is such a big deal to me. Gotta work out so I can afford eating what I love.

My 3 top passions are Skiing, Working out and Wine! Course you will see my auto passion and photography passion on my Instagram account too. :D 

From my Ski day

Sadly, I've lost my taste for most alcohol.  I do like skiing, but I rarely get to go.  I've only been twice this year.  The first time it was so cold that when I would breath, my breath would freeze my mask to my beard!

• Agree 3

@balthazar you sir have a lot of projects not even counting the cars. 

33 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I have no pics, but I like to go hiking, I grow and propagate agave plants and aloes, and I basically hunt for collectible and rare spirits, especially tequila. I have over 150 bottles of tequila and mezcal in my home bar. I also barrel age my own. 

Mini-barrels or... what? I can't imagine having room for lots of full sized barrels.

I cant upvote anymore!!!

@balthazar

I wanted to upvote your hobbies too.  Tomorrow! 

I used to ski plenty. No time now. I used to play hockey. Outside. And indoor floor hockey. No time now. I used to weight train. Never to be bulky, or to be cut. But to have stamina and strength and speed for my baseball and hockey games. 3 times a week in my 20s.  

I never took my kids skiing just yet, but I will. Soon.

We used to skate often in the winter, but the last 4 years, nada. Too cold. One winter was too warm... 

Yes..ive become a wimp regarding freezing weather, but really, too cold. 

I now coach my daughter's city league softball team every summer. It will be my 3rd year this year. I coached my boy's baseball team two years. Not last year as I was too busy with the restaurant and the Greece trip stole my time for me to commit to his team. But this year I will try to assist his team while Ill coach my daughter's team.  

I do practice with them on the field. Get them into shape. Helps me get into shape too.  I also coordinate my kid's respective team's practices. 

I stopped collecting die cast scale 1/18 cars. I have 73. Or is it 70? 71? Somewhere there. I used to have 100. 103?  

I dont drink alcohol anymore, but I  to love to BBQ in the summer and invite certain friends and neighbors over for some beer or wine or any kind of alcoholic spirits while we enjoy the summer night breeze and smells of the BBQ. They drink, I dont.

Sometimes my partner would have the BBQ party...he has a smoker...I dont.  Sometimes my brother-n-law has a BBQ party. So yeah, that is a hobby too. Eat. and then eat some more. 

• Agree 2

Collecting diecast cars of all scales have been a hobby for decades, though I've cut back a lot, as well as model car kits (mostly 1/24th & 1/25th scale).  I haven't built one in ages, but still buy them occasionally..need to get back into building. 

One new hobby I've started since moving back to NE Ohio is visiting Great Lakes lighthouses and starting a collection of lighthouse miniatures..not sure why, but I'm fascinated by the lakes, lake freighters and shipping, etc.  Things I didn't see in the dry dusty desert void..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 2