Thing Was Did

ccap41

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

@ccap41 Congratulations, awesome auto. I am very excited and happy for you. Look forward to your 1 month review on it!

That rocks! :metal:

Thank you very much! I'm pretty dang stoked about it so far.

I was originally looking for 2017 Escape Titaniums and just randomly looked at MKCs assuming they would be too pricey but 2016's were about the same price. 2017 Escape's got the upgraded 2.0T and refreshed body and in 2016 MKC and Escape got  Sync3 and those were musts for me for either vehicle. 

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Very nice..like the color combo. 

Thanks! The dark brown is tits to me, love that. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Thank you very much! I'm pretty dang stoked about it so far.

I was originally looking for 2017 Escape Titaniums and just randomly looked at MKCs assuming they would be too pricey but 2016's were about the same price. 2017 Escape's got the upgraded 2.0T and refreshed body and in 2016 MKC and Escape got  Sync3 and those were musts for me for either vehicle. 

Thanks! The dark brown is tits to me, love that. 

That is awesome to hear, best part of CPO's is when you can get more than you were expecting. Agree with you that the Sync3 would be a must for me too.

I love the Brown, just a nice warm feeling when you get into the auto unlike all the blah black out there.

So what does it look like under the hood?

46 minutes ago, dfelt said:

That is awesome to hear, best part of CPO's is when you can get more than you were expecting. Agree with you that the Sync3 would be a must for me too.

I love the Brown, just a nice warm feeling when you get into the auto unlike all the blah black out there.

So what does it look like under the hood?

Lol it looks like nothing special under there. It looks identical to the 2.0T and I'm pretty sure the 1.5T in the Escape as well. 

I used to prefer all black but the last couple of years I've fallen in love with browns. I prefer darker rather than a tan. Almost any color looks good as long as it is mixed with a good contrasting color, imo.

MKC Engine.png

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Lol it looks like nothing special under there. It looks identical to the 2.0T and I'm pretty sure the 1.5T in the Escape as well. 

I used to prefer all black but the last couple of years I've fallen in love with browns. I prefer darker rather than a tan. Almost any color looks good as long as it is mixed with a good contrasting color, imo.

MKC Engine.png

Love a clean engine bay, Lincoln did a good job. I understand this is a white one compared to yours, but I get it, clean for what it is.

AGREE totally on the dark brown contrast. My Escalade is the full cream / tan interior with brown dash and while they did not have it available when I bought it, I would love to have the Mocha interior they now have on the Escalades.

Platinum Trim gets this interior as the only option to black:

image.png

Where as Luxury and below levels get the Mocha

image.png

Honestly for the money one spends, especially at the Platinum level, one should be able to choose any interior they have.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Love a clean engine bay, Lincoln did a good job. I understand this is a white one compared to yours, but I get it, clean for what it is.

AGREE totally on the dark brown contrast. My Escalade is the full cream / tan interior with brown dash and while they did not have it available when I bought it, I would love to have the Mocha interior they now have on the Escalades.

Platinum Trim gets this interior as the only option to black:

image.png

Where as Luxury and below levels get the Mocha

image.png

Honestly for the money one spends, especially at the Platinum level, one should be able to choose any interior they have.

It's amazing how color alone can completely make or break an interior. The top pic just doesn't look good. The design doesn't look good. Then you look at the bottom on with dark brown(saddle-looking color) contrasting with the black looks worlds better and the whole design just looks better. Same design, same shapes, but adding contrasting colors makes such a difference. 

• Agree 3

If I had all the money in the world I would ask Lincoln to make me a custom mashup of these three colors. i think if they were done correctly it would be the most pretty interior ever. I don't know exactly how they'd be mashed up but I think the red would be the main color, second most used would be white, and smaller accents in the blue.

Nav Interior 1.jpg

Nav Interior 2.jpg

Nav Interior 3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 1 year later...