dfelt

September 2019 auto spotter

Came out of 24hr fitness to find this near my Durango.

20190908_104901.jpg

• Upvote 1

Saw a nice copper colored 67 Satellite or GTX 2dr yesterday. 

Today on the way home to the bus stop.from work, I saw this police car followed by a manufacture plate full size truck that had tubes all over Nd then I saw on the back a camera hanging with red light clearly recording. I look where the camera was pointed at and a standard size Yukon with no plate, but also a nose I had never seen before. Got my phone out in the rain to snap this pic, this refresh??? Yukon was followed by a current year yukon 2019 with manufacture plates and then a seattle motorcycle with lights on. Clearly recording something in the Emerald City.

20190917_150746.jpg

• Upvote 1

Today on the way to the bus stop, saw a mint condition Ford Excursion V10 edition.

So rare to see.

Got to check out and sit in this bad boy C8 last month at a Chevrolet dealer reveal day here in Scottsdale, AZ. GM is touring the country with 3 or 4 or them. Very cool presentation. Beautiful and solid build inside and out. GM really knocked it out of the park with this car, amazing engineering feat. U.S.A!!

C8 front end.jpg

C8 main hood emblem.jpg

C8 Stingray emblem.jpg

C8 rear hatch_engine.jpg

C8 Engine cover.jpg

C8 mid engine window HDR.jpg

C8 steering wheel.jpg

C8 covered.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, dfelt said:

Today on the way home to the bus stop.from work, I saw this police car followed by a manufacture plate full size truck that had tubes all over Nd then I saw on the back a camera hanging with red light clearly recording. I look where the camera was pointed at and a standard size Yukon with no plate, but also a nose I had never seen before. Got my phone out in the rain to snap this pic, this refresh??? Yukon was followed by a current year yukon 2019 with manufacture plates and then a seattle motorcycle with lights on. Clearly recording something in the Emerald City.

20190917_150746.jpg

New GM commercial possibly? That's definitely DT Seattle! I grew up in rural Oregon that's now wine country.

• Upvote 1

So I was standing on a suburban curb, looking to cross the street. Otherwise I would never have noticed it, but an assumedly brand new audi A7 went by. It wore a rather striking coat of a silvery green color.

I googled around, found nothing. I looked at audi's website, it's not a standard color. They have an option to check 'special colors', but the price was "$0" and none of them show up in the configurator. Either the site is screwed up, or there are in fact no special A7 colors. Would like to see that color again...

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

So I was standing on a suburban curb, looking to cross the street. Otherwise I would never have noticed it, but an assumedly brand new audi A7 went by. It wore a rather striking coat of a silvery green color.

I googled around, found nothing. I looked at audi's website, it's not a standard color. They have an option to check 'special colors', but the price was "$0" and none of them show up in the configurator. Either the site is screwed up, or there are in fact no special A7 colors. Would like to see that color again...

Probably a wrapped car. Ton of colors and it looks really good now can't even tell it's wrap.

Saw a clean '72 Cutlass S 2dr fastback this morning, dark blue w/ a yellow on blue '72 Ohio license plate.

Edited by Robert Hall

Cool if OH let's you use YOM plates. I put a set on my '40, but they aren't legal. I have a actual plate, currently only showing on the rear, but an debating pulling it & tempting fate.

Uffa! ^^

Spotted a nicely maintained and rust free Jeep Grand Wagoneer in one of the more posh neighborhoods of the city.

Saw a museum piece second generation Chevy Cavalier. 

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

IMG_0747.jpg

WOW, first time that mug has ever looked OK. Better than the chromed versions.

Spotted this just a few blocks from my house. Rare to find them in good condition these days. They tended to eat timing belts.

IMG_20190924_122450.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Spotted this just a few blocks from my house. Rare to find them in good condition these days. They tended to eat timing belts.

IMG_20190924_122450.jpg

Nice, too bad it has a FART can applied to it.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2019 at 10:45 PM, dfelt said:

20190917_150746.jpg

You can even tell you're tall from your pictures! It looks like the camera is at the height of the Tahoe! 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:07 PM, dfelt said:

Today on the way to the bus stop, saw a mint condition Ford Excursion V10 edition.

So rare to see.

Are the V10's more rare than the diesels? 

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

You can even tell you're tall from your pictures! It looks like the camera is at the height of the Tahoe! 

Are the V10's more rare than the diesels? 

:roflmao: Yup welcome to my world View! :P

At least in the pacific northwest, you find plenty of better Excursion Diesels, but rarely a V10. So yes at least in the PNW they are very rare even in truck form they are rare for Ford. Ram on the other hand has V10 everywhere.

• Thanks 1

Was at costco picking up a few things, came out and found this beauty parked by me.

20190927_115055.jpg

20190927_115045.jpg

20190927_115028.jpg

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

Owner/builder upgrade.

What part since I have no knowledge of what these cars were originally like.